FACE MELTING METAL

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

FACE MELTING METAL

Post by JonathanE » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:39 am

So I'm super proud of this metal track, and had to share it here with everyone. It definitely will make your face melt and you will feel "stimulated"... LOLOL

https://www.taxi.com/members/ocDl4_2KTS ... 6Yw-ignite
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”
https://www.taxi.com/members/jonathane
jonathan@earthenmusic.com

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: FACE MELTING METAL

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Nice !

I'm not the biggest Metalhead but I do like the odd song ( stuff like Bring Me The Horizon when I'm in the mood ) but this is really good stuff.

I'm cross posting here but going back to what we were talking about on your recent post, I take it this is the " passion "music ?

If so I think you're in luck because this sort of stuff gets used all the time especially in Sports type programming, and it already sounds Broadcast Quality so I don't think you'll have too much problem getting into Libraries and getting placements.

You could widen your net into adjacent genres to give yourself more bandwidth , if you can learn to combine it with Hip Hop beats that's another genre and there is also a hybrid Rock/Orchestral which is something you could get into. It might be worth going onto one of the big production music catalogues and listening to what sub-genres they have to gauge popularity. I think the only other you need to work on is the cue structure to help make life easier for end user by adding some edit points.

I think if you stick at it you'll get some traction though 8-)

Mark

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:40 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:27 pm
Nice !

I'm not the biggest Metalhead but I do like the odd song ( stuff like Bring Me The Horizon when I'm in the mood ) but this is really good stuff.

I'm cross posting here but going back to what we were talking about on your recent post, I take it this is the " passion "music ?

If so I think you're in luck because this sort of stuff gets used all the time especially in Sports type programming, and it already sounds Broadcast Quality so I don't think you'll have too much problem getting into Libraries and getting placements.

You could widen your net into adjacent genres to give yourself more bandwidth , if you can learn to combine it with Hip Hop beats that's another genre and there is also a hybrid Rock/Orchestral which is something you could get into. It might be worth going onto one of the big production music catalogues and listening to what sub-genres they have to gauge popularity. I think the only other you need to work on is the cue structure to help make life easier for end user by adding some edit points.

I think if you stick at it you'll get some traction though 8-)

Mark

Mark! Thanks a lot for the message (for some reason I'm not getting notified of these comments).

You know, I actually got this track already listed in a library (rhymes with "Hen's Vest" ;-) ) would you believe, and so YES, you are totally right (I would be so super stoked to see it used in sports programming or a shoot em up movie or something... But I saw the shameless self promotion category and since I was listening to it the other day, I figured I'd post it cuz I'm really proud of that one, for shitz and giggles.

And I'm really glad I did, cuz I appreciate what you've said here. Yes, definitely "passion" music.

That's a really interesting point about hybrids... I actually just got two more tracks forwarded to a dispatch "edgy swagger" rock a la limp bizkit and breaking benjamin. But do you think also rock and metal/hip hop and rock/hard rock orchestral are also in demand? I seem to see so little of that stuff lately...

I appreciate you cross posting those thoughts... Honestly, when I'm making music I love, it's just tons of fun, and time flies... Part of me wants to do only that just for the sake of fun and enjoyment, but I can also appreciate how widening my net is very necessary if a person hopes to make decent head roads and actually make money (nothing made yet to this date).

Thanks a lot Mark
“He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.”

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 pm

JonathanE wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:40 am
But do you think also rock and metal/hip hop and rock/hard rock orchestral are also in demand?
Yes very much so lots of hybrid rock stuff that gets used. Seems to be more of a Sports thing, maybe go to some library sites and listen to what they tag for sports use

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:58 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 pm

Yes very much so lots of hybrid rock stuff that gets used. Seems to be more of a Sports thing, maybe go to some library sites and listen to what they tag for sports use
Great advice, I will do that, thanks Mark

rinlow75
Active
Active

Post by rinlow75 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 am

JonathanE wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:39 am
So I'm super proud of this metal track, and had to share it here with everyone. It definitely will make your face melt and you will feel "stimulated"... LOLOL

https://www.taxi.com/members/ocDl4_2KTS ... 6Yw-ignite
Sounds Killer! Nice work. Neural DSP?

JonathanE
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JonathanE » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:37 pm

[/quote]

Sounds Killer! Nice work. Neural DSP?
[/quote]

Hey thanks for listening! You know, this was a collaboration, I'm not exactly sure what my guy used for the guitar, if that's what you mean.

gtrmike70

Post by gtrmike70 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:02 am

Killer sound! I really like the guitar riff.