with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Best source for risers and similar sfx?

Post by BrianSteel » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:34 am

Good day Taxi members,

I have a subscription to Composer Cloud + and it doesn't seem to have risers or similar sfx. Wondering what is the best library or synth or loop or samples out there for these types of sfx? Also, does anyone use the free riser loops offered on the internet? If so, which ones and are they safe to use ie royalty free? I'm primarily using them for epic or light orchestral stuff possibly other genres. Thanks.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Best source for risers and similar sfx?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:44 am

Splice.com

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:58 pm

I avoid Splice because so many libraries are wary of their samples. I'm a big fan of Cymatics samples, this bundle might have what you are looking for: . Also, if you have Kontakt, there is a library called "Rise and Hit" that is wonderful.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Paulie wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:58 pm
I avoid Splice because so many libraries are wary of their samples.

Type "riser" into the Splice.com search and there are 21,391 results. I don't think any library would honestly know or care where you got it from.

Libraries only namecheck Splice because a couple of commercial artists used the same melodic hook and tried to sue, but you can have the same issue with any sample provider if you incorporate unaltered melodic loops or hooks or even chord progressions into your cues. It's not a problem specific to Splice and the simple answer is don't use those types of samples from anywhere period or you run the risk.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:28 pm

BrianSteel wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:34 am
Good day Taxi members,

I have a subscription to Composer Cloud + and it doesn't seem to have risers or similar sfx. Wondering what is the best library or synth or loop or samples out there for these types of sfx? Also, does anyone use the free riser loops offered on the internet? If so, which ones and are they safe to use ie royalty free? I'm primarily using them for epic or light orchestral stuff possibly other genres. Thanks.
Alternatively, you can make one on your own. Start out with some white noise, Brownian noise, some reverse reverb, or a reverse (cymbal) crash, or a mix of all of it (and some other stuff thrown in, too). Maybe EQ or compress it, maybe add some reverb. Then with some automation for panning, volume, high- and low-pass (especially those if you want the frequencies to go up or down), you could end up with a reasonable result.

But this costs time!

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrianSteel » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:34 am

CTWF wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:28 pm
BrianSteel wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:34 am
Good day Taxi members,

Alternatively, you can make one on your own. Start out with some white noise, Brownian noise, some reverse reverb, or a reverse (cymbal) crash, or a mix of all of it (and some other stuff thrown in, too). Maybe EQ or compress it, maybe add some reverb. Then with some automation for panning, volume, high- and low-pass (especially those if you want the frequencies to go up or down), you could end up with a reasonable result.

But this costs time!

Tom
Yes, that's quite a recipe CTWF. I am thinking maybe I could do the production part and not so much all of the mixing elements and get it to work well enough. Yes, it's going to take time. Thanks for your help.

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:27 am

Splice!
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Rise And Hit for Kontakt is still wonderful. You may also visit Mammoth Audio. Density is a great tool for Kontakt.

timothycook
Impressive
Impressive

Post by timothycook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 pm

Fallout Music Group has an excellent set of tools. You'll never run out of something new.
“You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin

See: https://soundcloud.com/timothywcook

DaleG

Post by DaleG » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:41 pm

Fallout music's stuff is very good and reasonably priced