Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

Post by Casey H » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Is it bigger than a breadbox? Animal, vegetable, or mineral? :lol: :P

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Signed 10 tracks Nov. 2020 and the library doesn't respond to my emails now?

Post by mkirbymusic » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:05 pm

JohnnyP wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:32 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 am
MichaelSpilnerKirby wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:36 am
Yes, the owner's name does start with N so I think we are talking about the same library.
Is it Christmas related ?
Chiming in cuz now I’m really curious πŸ™‚. Yes it is Christmas related Mark. Have you had good or bad luck with this library?
I'm interested in Mark's experience as well!

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:08 pm

So, funny story.. 4/10 tracks that I signed were finally added to the library's catalogue on May 19th and within the first month I have my first two placements already :lol:

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:23 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:08 pm
So, funny story.. 4/10 tracks that I signed were finally added to the library's catalogue on May 19th and within the first month I have my first two placements already :lol:
Maybe they are extending their web ? I never did get a placement at all..pretty sure it's not me , I've had over a hundred this year so far with other libararies.

Well done on te placements :)

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:08 pm
Congrats on the happy ending! Question- did you find out about your placements through tunesat or did they notify via email/phone?
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:23 pm

Maybe they are extending their web ? I never did get a placement at all..pretty sure it's not me , I've had over a hundred this year so far with other libararies.

:lol: I got the joke there. Thanks!
Interesting though.. are you visible on the online catalogue?
Last edited by mkirbymusic on Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Congrats on the happy ending! Question- did you find out about your placements through tunesat or did they notify via email/phone?
Thanks! I found out through Tunesat

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:50 pm
Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Thanks! I found out through Tunesat
Cool. Thanks for the info!
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:22 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:47 pm
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:23 pm

:lol: I got the joke there. Thanks!
Interesting though.. are you visible on the online catalogue?
Yes - Been 4 or 5 years now...I mean I do better stuff now but some of it is at least as good as tracks I've had placed

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:45 pm

It is very common for libraries to not respond to composer emails. It's a sad part of the business, sometimes it is justified, sometimes it is people being lazy and hiding behind the claims of a very full inbox. Can't keep up with your emails? Hire someone, adjust your schedule, or just focus on the business more. In corporate America that sort of behavior gets people fired, but for some reason us starving musicians dying for attention and validation put up with what some would consider less than professional behavior. Smaller libraries can be understaffed, and either they figure it out or they go out of business. Everyone doesn't get a trophy...

That being said, reaching out multiple times to a library asking whats up is just going to annoy them. Submit your music, make sure you give them everything they ask for as far as file formats, meta tagging, etc. and then MOVE ON. Write, submit, forget, repeat... placements may take weeks, months or years to happen. Be happy a library has your stuff, then get back to work. :)
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic