Hi! I'm a new member and I'd like to introduce myself

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PetePrice

Re: Hi! I'm a new member and I'd like to introduce myself

Post by PetePrice » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:31 pm

Thanks Mark! I sure appreciate the feedback!

Pete

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:21 pm

PetePrice wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:29 pm
If you would do me a favor, could you please check this listing and give me your opinion as to whether this song sounds "current" and fits the mood enough?

My song is: https://peteprice1.bandcamp.com/track/o ... es-and-you

I'd like to possibly submit it for this listing. https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S220803UR
Hi Pete,
These are just my opinions and I'm no country expert either, so take what helps and leave the rest.

Its another nice song, but I'm not getting, contemporary, country, fresh perspective or country charm from it, sorry. Perhaps its the Maj7 but it sounds more like 80's MOR to me.

All that means though, is that your song is not right for that listing. If you really want to submit it through Taxi then it could be a long wait for an ideal listing. Perhaps you might try other approaches to find deals for this and your other existing songs, but try new creations for Taxi listings.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

PetePrice

Post by PetePrice » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:38 pm

Graham- Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate your and Mark's honest assessments. My real hope and dream is to have one of my songs recorded by a major artist. I'm too old now and even though I'm still playing shows locally, it'll never happen for me. -Guess I shouldn't have wasted so many years playing covers. It has been fun though.
I figured that Taxi might be a good way to do that but maybe not. At least I'm getting a sense about where my songs may stand in the market.....maybe I need to wait for those "retro" listings! :D

Again, thanks very much!

Pete Price