Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pwaara
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

S220719UK - EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INDIE FOLK SONGS Question

Post by pwaara » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:36 pm

I was considering submitting to the above listing, but it has this note

"NOTE: This Company is looking for authentic artists that they can pitch to sync opportunities, and they’re going to want to know more about you in the form of a bio. In your bio, please include any touring, fan base, sales, streaming, and social media figures you may have. If you’re an authentic Artist that’s just starting out and you don’t have much of a story or track record, but you DO have an amazing sound and some killer Songs to back it up, they still want to hear you!"

Once upon a time I gigged and toured, but have not done so in a couple of decades. While I consider myself an artist as well as a songwriter and composer, I have no intention of ever hitting the road again. And my artist songs do not usually fall into this genre. Do you think I shouldn't submit to this listing? I'm not 100% sure what they're after with that comment. Any advice?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: S220719UK - EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INDIE FOLK SONGS Question

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:40 am

Sounds like you don't fit the profile of what they are looking for , so even if you got a forward and they looked you up on Google to get an idea of what you're about and any buzz, what would they find ?

Would they find the type of artist profile they are looking for ? Most Libraries don't care what you look like or how old you are as long as the music is good. But there are a handful of these "artist" based LIbaries around because it's cooler to be able to tell their clients the music comes from a cool happening band and not some old guy working out of his spare room.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:33 am

If you’re an authentic Artist that’s just starting out and you don’t have much of a story or track record, but you DO have an amazing sound and some killer Songs to back it up, they still want to hear you!"
So that would be in your favor if your songs were that amazing. However, you said, "And my artist songs do not usually fall into this genre". Then why would even consider THIS listing? With any listing, artist requirement or not, your submission has to be very much on target. It doesn't sound like that's the case here anyway.

It's probably best to wait for a listing for which your songs match the style requested and there isn't this artist requirement.

Good luck!
:-) Casey

pwaara
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pwaara » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:16 am

Thanks for the feedback. Your advice was the way I was leaning as well, but your confirmation settles it for me. Casey, as for why I would submit to a listing such as this, I write and play music in the genre all the time, but they don't fit into my artist "persona" (for lack of a better word.) I love indie-folk, but it's just not who I am as an artist.