"In order to view dispatch listings, you need to have a dispatch membership"

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JimDiGritz

"In order to view dispatch listings, you need to have a dispatch membership"

Post by JimDiGritz » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:12 am

Apologies if this is a silly question, however as a new member I'm following Michaels sage advice and reviewing all the successful forwards in my genre.

Looking through the TAXI Forward Blog I found this previous listing which sounded similar to the work I do: https://blog.taxi.com/forward/032222/

However when I try to open the listing I get this error:

In order to view dispatch listings, you need to have a dispatch membership.

What does this mean?

Jim

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: "In order to view dispatch listings, you need to have a dispatch membership"

Post by Casey H » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:26 am

You do not need to be a Dispatch member to get the emails with the Dispatch listings. Contact Taxi and ask them to put you on the Dispatch email list. However, you probably can't see them on the Taxi site. They are detailed in the actual emails.

Dispatch membership fee is prorated based on where you are in your regular membership year. So if you are half way through you can join for $75, not $150 and be in for the rest of that membership cycle. A lot of folks don't join Dispatch but monitor the listings. Then if they see one(s) for which they want to submit to, they can join at that time.

HTH
:D Casey

JimDiGritz

Re: "In order to view dispatch listings, you need to have a dispatch membership"

Post by JimDiGritz » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:44 am

Thanks Casey, I didn't even realize that there were other membership tiers!!!!

I'll see what I can find on the website about the Dispatch membership - if you have a second a link to any info would be really helpful!

Thanks

Jim

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:25 am

To get on the Dispatch email list, you can contact Taxi on the website and request it. Log in, go to "Contact Taxi" https://www.taxi.com/contact/

When you are logged in, on the left side under Member Tools there is a link, "Upgrade to Dispatch". However, my suggestion is before you join, monitor the Dispatch listings by email for a while and see if the type of listings are a fit for you. If you see a good one for you, join at that point.

JimDiGritz

Post by JimDiGritz » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:11 am

Casey H wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:25 am
To get on the Dispatch email list, you can contact Taxi on the website and request it. Log in, go to "Contact Taxi" https://www.taxi.com/contact/

When you are logged in, on the left side under Member Tools there is a link, "Upgrade to Dispatch". However, my suggestion is before you join, monitor the Dispatch listings by email for a while and see if the type of listings are a fit for you. If you see a good one for you, join at that point.

Thanks again Casey - oddly I can't find any mention of Dispatch on the TAXI website...

Members Tools (on the Right hand side of my Profile) looks like the attached.... no mention of Dispatch! (oddly I can't actually attach an image in the Forum.. but the links are:

2022 TAXI Road Rally

Member Tools
Make a Submission
Upload Music
View Pending Submissions
View All Current Listings
Feedback On Past Submissions
View Favorited Listings
Search Listings by Keyword
Request Custom Critique

My Account/Profile

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:02 am

Hmmm... I guess you should call Taxi and ask about that. Maybe mine shows because I used to have Dispatch or I'm on that email list. When you call, get on the email list and find out why that link isn't available. Good luck!