Active

Re: Tell Us What Works Best for You!

Post by JaredHallock » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:05 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 am
JarrodHallock wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:38 pm
I like the Apogee Duet:).
Very nice if you can justify spending that much, but they are 4 or 5 times the price of some other very good interfaces - I think I'd rather spend the additional ££'s on better monitors or room treatment , or something like Sonarworks personally as the interface isn't usually the weakest link even with a budget model. But they are up there with the best if that's what you want and they are in your budget.
True dat

3Seas
Active
Active

Re: Tell Us What Works Best for You!

Post by 3Seas » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:26 pm

Not been working in the music industry but want to do something in music, in my retirement years to supplement my income or better. I have over the years put money into equipment. Not a lot and mostly in software. Now that I'm focusing in on doing something (still a few years away from that retirement age but now thinking I'm about 5 years late) I'm discovering I have more software resources than I'll ever use and it's a lot to figure out what best to use and how, regarding TAXI listings.

I recall years ago I did something with a decent free midi editor and my first taste of Cubase (7.0). I understand Steve Barden has a minimal setup with older software and does plenty of production music.

Learning how the business works are itself time-consuming, but now the overload of plenty of software-based resources inclusive of libraries.

So, has anyone else found themselves in a resource overload that got past it and became production music accomplished?

Any tips on sorting through resources to narrow down to a smaller often used toolset?

Edited to add:
I don't think there are any shortcuts or tips. That leaves me learning what tools I have or would be better with, which are the better ones to put on a shortlist, perhaps genre noted, and how best to use them.
I suppose this is one of the facets of forever learning.