Feedback for Celtic instrumental for Dispatch, please!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlonMarcus
Active
Active

Re: Feedback for Celtic instrumental for Dispatch, please!

Post by AlonMarcus » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 am

I agree with most of Doug's comments.
Immediately liked the sound of your composition and the natural recording. Think most of the problems have to do with the performance. Just a little bit more of rehearsals will solve it.
You are playing really well Merry, it's just sounds like the composition is new to you.
I do feel there is too much reverb on the harp and not enough low end and pulse.
It's a live performance so I would stage these 3 instruments like in a real concert. For example: guitar a bit on the left (10 o'clock), harp in the middle, fiddle to the right (2 o'clock). Use dry channels and send them to the same reverb that simulates a surrounding that you feel could fit: a small hall, church, or a medium studio.
The guitar can be more active, especially when the harp melody is repeated. The guitar can play more low notes and add rhythm.
These are just my thoughts, and maybe some of them easier said than done, but I hope that helps and gives some ideas.

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:57 pm

I did redo the fiddle part! And I got a Forward! <3 I could use to give it another run-through, as suggested by the Screener, but it got forwarded, anyway! I will still work on making it better and hope that the library will pick it up!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and great ideas! You're a big help, and I appreciate you!

Sláinte!
Merry

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:59 am

Merryband1 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:57 pm
I did redo the fiddle part! And I got a Forward! <3 I could use to give it another run-through, as suggested by the Screener, but it got forwarded, anyway! I will still work on making it better and hope that the library will pick it up!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and great ideas! You're a big help, and I appreciate you!

Sláinte!
Merry
Wow! That's such GREAT NEWS! So happy for your forward, and fingers crossed for a placement as well! I think it's a lovely composition and definitely worth the extra effort. Congrats again, Merry.

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Thank you, Douglas, Alon, and Peter!
I did do some panning and change things up a bit, so I'm pleased with the result.
Here's a link to the revised version that got the forward:
An Croí Dóchasach - The Hopeful Heart
Go raibh míle maith agaibh go léir!
:)
Merry