forwards but not connection, is it normal?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: forwards but not connection, is it normal?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 am

ELM21 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:43 pm
On top of that I am seeing a lot of dispatch posts (i didn't join dispatch) that had already run as regular request.. If I was paying extra I wouldn't be happy about that.. I am starting to think it's all a big joke LOL (funny not funny)
I believe the whole Dispatch thing is being rolled into the regular membership when they next increase the membership price

EphJayMusic
Active
Active

Post by EphJayMusic » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:08 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 am
ELM21 wrote:
On top of that I am seeing a lot of dispatch posts (i didn't join dispatch) that had already run as regular request.. If I was paying extra I wouldn't be happy about that.. I am starting to think it's all a big joke LOL (funny not funny)
I believe the whole Dispatch thing is being rolled into the regular membership when they next increase the membership price
Ah, I haven't paid attention to this update. I just renewed my membership after getting the email.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:38 am

EphJayMusic wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:08 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 am
ELM21 wrote:
Ah, I haven't paid attention to this update. I just renewed my membership after getting the email.
They keep threatening to do it but it doesn't seem to have happened yet.

ELM21

Post by ELM21 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:47 am

..meanwhile I left Taxi a while ago so I am not sure how I am even getting these notifications...lol good luck to you all! :)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:24 pm

ELM21 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:40 pm
the deal had no split sync fee which didn't work for me, that's all. So lets say it wasn't bad but it wasn't how I want to work.
I'm curious. Was it a buyout deal whereby you get paid something upfront for each track?

Casey

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Post by PeteCrane » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:42 pm

Only 2 months since signing to Taxi? Taxi generally takes a month after a listing's end date to review submissions and then forward them. So even if the listing end date was the same date you signed up to Taxi, it would've only been 1 month since Taxi forwarded the submissions to clients. And it also takes a long time for clients to review forwards and contact the composer - generally another month here in my experience. So I would say there's still plenty of time to hear back from the other clients your works were forwarded to, if you did only sign up to Taxi 2 months ago.

As for whether it's normal not to get a connection after a forward, for me that depends on how niche the listing is. In my experience, the more niche the listing is, the more likely a forward will lead to a connection. For me that's anything described as industrial, cyberpunk, etc.

The forwards I've had that have not yielded a connection are for more broad listings like trailers and drones. This makes sense to me as these call for more generic instrumentation, so less scope to put your personal bag of tricks into the sound and stand out. There also will have been a lot more tracks getting forwarded for these listings and a lot more composers probably have tracks like these in their catalogue ready to fire off to submissions. So broader listings are likely just a lot more competitive and the clients have a tough job picking composers to reach out to. So yeah, from my perspective, how "normal" it is depends on the listing.

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Post by PeteCrane » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:52 pm

ELM21 wrote:
I've noticed that too. I often see non-dispatch listings, and then see the same wording used on a listing for dispatch, albeit often wanting a shorter length e.g. 1:30secs instead of 2:30-3mins for the non-dispatch listing. I got notifications of dispatch listings before signing up to dispatch; that's why I signed up to dispatch to be able to submit to them too. But I really dislike this tiered pricing model too, preying on the FOMO of extra opportunities. Seeing the same listings for dispatch and non-dispatch just with different length requirements feels like Taxi is manufacturing opportunities for dispatch members that don't really exist, which leaves a very negative feeling. Investing in a Taxi membership should get you the full experience without feeing like you have to pay extra to get all the opportunities.

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eandersonmusic » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:13 am

Not sure how this weighs in, but I have had a few more forwards from Dispatch than from regular listings.
Call backs and deals are- 1 from Dispatch and 2 from regular Taxi.
As an instrumental composer I like it, and will continue to include Dispatch with my regular membership until it is all rolled together.
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA