Feedback for upbeat pop song

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ericlewis

Feedback for upbeat pop song

Post by ericlewis » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 pm

I'd appreciate any feedback on this song.
Here's a link to the song:
https://soundcloud.com/eric-lewis-21/so ... al_sharing

Here's the listing:

A Bunch of MODERN UPBEAT POP SONGS with Female or Male Vocals are needed by a really impressive Music Licensing Company with a very long list of great Film, TV, and Commercial placements!

NOTE: This Company has a preference for Songs with Female Vocals, but if you have great Songs with Male Vocals, they’re open to hearing them, as well!

This Company is on the lookout for quite a few Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Music For a Sushi Restaurant" by Harry Styles

"Call On Me" by RAYE

"2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)" by Lizzo

Send them top-notch Pop Songs bursting with tons of upbeat energy that could get listeners pumped up about whatever is being advertised or seen on screen. Super catchy melodies, hooky choruses, energizing rhythms, compelling, well-performed vocals, and plenty of mainstream appeal are all needed for this pitch. Modern Pop instrumentation that's in a generally similar style to the references will work best for this request – think thumping bass lines, bright synths, slick beats, ear candy, etc. Your production should be polished and any virtual instruments or sounds you use should be high-quality and cutting-edge.

Lyric Tip: For this pitch, stick with positive, upbeat themes, and avoid submitting anything that's sad or melancholy. No "downers" for this one!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, places, and profanity. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, with a 50/50 split on applicable sync fees. The Publisher will get 50% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share and 50% of the Publisher’s share, as well. Sweet deal! You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, August 15th, 2022. TAXI # S220815UP

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback for upbeat pop song

Post by crashgates » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 am

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericlewis

Post by ericlewis » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:13 am

lol. thanks!

i think it could use a bridge. i've been told the flow/rhythm of the lyrics isn't quite working. also, a couple of the lyrics may sound a bit dated. ok. REALLY dated. lol

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 am

Last edited by crashgates on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm

I like it , its direct .

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:26 pm

It's good but it's like 15yrs ago good , not really much like the references at all.

You obviously have some talent as a songwriter , with more up to date production I think this could definitely work on TV - It's probably just a case of immersing yourself in current Pop for a while and you'll get it.

Maybe try re-working the production by stealing all the sounds and techniques from the refs and applying them to a new mix along with your lyrical brush up.

Mark

ericlewis

Post by ericlewis » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:49 am

thanks for the feedback. ive been having trouble getting the modern feel. you're right, i should focus harder on the refs. there are probably a lot of little things in there that would make a big difference.

-e