Newbie Alert!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LindsayH
Active
Active

Newbie Alert!

Post by LindsayH » Sat May 28, 2022 7:45 am

Hi everyone, my name is Lindsay H, am based near Brighton on the south coast of England and joined taxi a week ago. It was suggested that this is a good place to introduce yourself so here I am! Looking forward to connecting with many of you and sharing words of wisdom. I am a classically trained operatic singer, pianist and composer however I love to write anything from dream pop, pop, folk, jazz songs along with instrumentals. Whilst I have been writing for over 10 years, am new to this sync world so can't wait to learn much more and perhaps collaborate? Plus regain some sanity from my soul destroying corporate career by focusing on something truly rewarding :D Will definitely be looking to fly over for the convention in Nov too, (I will use any excuse to visit the US). Hope life is treating you all well and thanks so much for having me ;)

magicjuani
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Newbie Alert!

Post by magicjuani » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:43 am

Hi Lindsay and welcome to TAXI world!

"regain some sanity from my soul destroying corporate career": what a strong and touching statement. I'm wishing it is bringing you peace and cathartic feelings from now on focusing on music.

The TAXI Road Rally is a must-attend at least once during your years of membership and you'll meet plenty of members also writing in your favorite genres such as dream pop, pop, folk, jazz songs. You'll find great tips for the RALLY in Taxi TV live on YouTube or even on appropriate forum threads.
And this is an excuse you're looking for to go to the US! I've never been to Brighton but used a song mentioning it for my English students to learn some Present Perfect verbs haha!

Don't forget that you can check the FORWARD BLOG to see which material as been forwarded for the listings of your choice to see what the industry is currently looking for: https://blog.taxi.com/forward/

Cheers!

LindsayH
Active
Active

Post by LindsayH » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:15 am

Thank you so much for the info, we have booked a place for November so just waiting to book flights to LA, can't wait to join the Rally! I didn't realise you could see all previous submissions, that's super helpful! Thank you for sharing that :)

IanJames

Post by IanJames » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 am

Hello Lindsay! I'm a returning member from over 10 years ago but just recently signed back up, so i'm back in the newbie circle too! I did have success in the past with Taxi and decided to rejoin and gamble on myself. I hope you enjoy the experiences, critiques, feedback and hopefully forwards and certainly hope you make friends, collaborator's etc. my memory of the taxi community is that it is a good and supportive one. Cheers from Lowell MA.

LindsayH
Active
Active

Post by LindsayH » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:59 am

Hey thank you for the welcome! Feedback is so constructive and helpful, makes me realise I have quite a way to go! Had a great experience so far, just a shame the live shows on Mondays are so late unless you are based in the US.

Lindsay

IanJames

Post by IanJames » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:42 pm

LindsayH wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:59 am
Hey thank you for the welcome! Feedback is so constructive and helpful, makes me realise I have quite a way to go! Had a great experience so far, just a shame the live shows on Mondays are so late unless you are based in the US.

Lindsay
Hi Lindsay,

just checked out Gold Dust on your Spotify page, wow, excellent track, production is stellar... there are some trumpet stabs in the back ground that really caught my ear... are those real or virtual? anyways very impressive number! you have a powerful voice, glad i checked you out. Gave you a follow as well. Have a good one!

-Christian

LindsayH
Active
Active

Post by LindsayH » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 am

Hey Christian, thanks so much for your feedback, it means alot and very much appreciate you taking the time to share this. The trumpets were indeed virtual, not live! The material I have on spotify is a little less contemporary so focusing on writing some more modern music now which I don't release other than on taxi and soundcloud. I am so excited to hear I am having my back surgery in 2 weeks, this means I will be able to fly over to LA late Oct and make it for the Rally hopefully pain free, so happy!!!! Will you be going?

Lindsay H

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 am

Here's a belated "Welcome!" (to the forums), albeit from an old guy/lurker, up in The Peanut Gallery. :P
Just did a quick look at your TAXI member page and impressive bio - reads like you're skilled and more-than-ready
to dive into the deep end of all the opportunities through this company; and with the support of this friendly 'pay-it-forward' community.

New item now on my To-Do List: binge-listen to the tracks you've posted on your member page.
Cheers.
Peter

EDIT: P.S. fan of piano music... already digging into "Love, Lost and Found"...
Last edited by funsongs on Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

IanJames

Post by IanJames » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 am

LindsayH wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 am
Hey Christian, thanks so much for your feedback, it means alot and very much appreciate you taking the time to share this. The trumpets were indeed virtual, not live! The material I have on spotify is a little less contemporary so focusing on writing some more modern music now which I don't release other than on taxi and soundcloud. I am so excited to hear I am having my back surgery in 2 weeks, this means I will be able to fly over to LA late Oct and make it for the Rally hopefully pain free, so happy!!!! Will you be going?

Lindsay H
Hi Lindsey,
I've registered but not really planning on making this year's. Used up a lot of my vacation time already this year. I have been in the past, I'm an old member who just recently re-signed up to Taxi, but I visited LA in 2004, 05 and 06 for the rally when it was in Hollywood. All three trips were worthwhile to me, so i hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it. The experience and panels are worth it! Good luck with your surgery!
-Christian

LindsayH
Active
Active

Post by LindsayH » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 am

funsongs wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 am
Here's a belated "Welcome!" (to the forums), albeit from an old guy/lurker, up in The Peanut Gallery. :P
Just did a quick look at your TAXI member page and impressive bio - reads like you're skilled and more-than-ready
to dive into the deep end of all the opportunities through this company; and with the support of this friendly 'pay-it-forward' community.

New item now on my To-Do List: binge-listen to the tracks you've posted on your member page.
Cheers.
Peter

EDIT: P.S. fan of piano music... already digging into "Love, Lost and Found"...
[/quote

Thank you so much, thats super kind. Am only just starting to learn the production/mixing part so have a long way to go. Musically I am so proud of Love Lost and Found however really need to sort out the mix on it at some point. Very comfortable in writing music and lyrics for a variety of styles, starting to focus a bit more now on writing more 'current' sounding music. Just finished a country duet too so will be posting this too over the next week. Hope you are keeping well Peter, and enjoying lurking around :D very much appreciate you reaching out. Kind regards, Lindsay