There's one guy who gives reviews that I wish would quit

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: There's one guy who gives reviews that I wish would quit

Post by eandersonmusic » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:27 am

ballereau wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:45 am
What number is that screener?
Sounds like # 419!!!!!!!!!!!!
419 is hard, which is a good thing. And while I have had many returns from 419, one of the forwards turned into a deal and then a placement.
Personally I'm thankful for all the returns, you have to learn, improve, and keep plugging away! Heed the advice, it will only help down the roadπŸ‘
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website β€’ https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page β€’ https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify β€’ https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 am

If you think Taxi screeners are rough, try Submithub, and you may experience a whole new dimension of rough! :lol:
Ceo of my own life

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:32 am

Kolstad wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 am
If you think Taxi screeners are rough, try Submithub, and you may experience a whole new dimension of rough! :lol:
My initial thought was that Submithub was a place to go to have doms screaming at you "submit! submit!" :lol:

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:39 pm

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:53 am
Oh man I should go work for them

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:04 pm

He's probably the one you could learn the most from..
Ceo of my own life

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:09 am

Upto now I agree with mine , its hard to hit the target spot on , and there's only about 10% on here that Im interested in .

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:18 pm

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:04 pm
He's probably the one you could learn the most from..
Totally agree with you! The screeners are industry pros, so, as much as it's hard to get a return, it's a chance to learn and grow, and each "no" gets you one step closer to a "yes."

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:34 am

The only thing I have spotted where I think they could be more helpful is if they like the song , but its the wrong style , they could suggest what style may be appropriate , I got this back " I appreciate the drive and groove of your composition " Looking back " Francis. The melodies and top line are engaging and overall I enjoyed this " it then says a " none starter " because of the style .
Last edited by fbd on Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:58 am

fbd wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:34 am
The only thing I have spotted where I think they could be more helpful is if they like the song , but its the wrong style , they could suggest what style may be appropriate , I got this back " I appreciate the drive and groove of your composition "Looking Back" Francis. The melodies and top line are engaging and overall I enjoyed this " it then says a " none starter " because of the style .
I hear ya but keep in mind that their job, in a reasonably limited about of time, is to decide whether a track fits THAT particular listing. Learning genres and styles is a huge part of being in this business and that's really on you. And the listings have reference tracks which are key to getting an idea of what is being asked for.

Best thing to do is post your track on this forum in peer-to-peer and ask questions in your post. Make sure you post the entire text of the listing (not a link to it as your original link won't work once the listing is expired). Posting before you submit is very helpful as others will give you opinions on whether or not it fits the listing, suggested improvements, etc. Posting after can also shed additional light on what the screener's feedback was.

Another option if you still need more help on your track is to submit for a custom critique ($20). Include your questions and what you are targeting when submitting. These custom critiques are very detailed with tons more info than a standard listing submission.

HTH
:D Casey

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:34 am

Casey H wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:58 am
fbd wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:34 am
The only thing I have spotted where I think they could be more helpful is if they like the song , but its the wrong style , they could suggest what style may be appropriate , I got this back " I appreciate the drive and groove of your composition "Looking Back" Francis. The melodies and top line are engaging and overall I enjoyed this " it then says a " none starter " because of the style .
I hear ya but keep in mind that their job, in a reasonably limited about of time, is to decide whether a track fits THAT particular listing. Learning genres and styles is a huge part of being in this business and that's really on you. And the listings have reference tracks which are key to getting an idea of what is being asked for.

Best thing to do is post your track on this forum in peer-to-peer and ask questions in your post. Make sure you post the entire text of the listing (not a link to it as your original link won't work once the listing is expired). Posting before you submit is very helpful as others will give you opinions on whether or not it fits the listing, suggested improvements, etc. Posting after can also shed additional light on what the screener's feedback was.

Another option if you still need more help on your track is to submit for a custom critique ($20). Include your questions and what you are targeting when submitting. These custom critiques are very detailed with tons more info than a standard listing submission.

HTH
:D Casey
Yes quite , time will be tight . I did try peer to peer and as a new member was surprised to be trolled , he was gratuitous and belligerent , I got a private message from someone who said he is a troll and best stay away from him , I dont mind constructive criticism . I will try peer to peer from time to time as I am having unexpected probs with genre . Thanks for the advice . Frank .