Looking for thoughts on this Children's Dramedy Instrumental TAXI # S220820KZ

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Looking for thoughts on this Children's Dramedy Instrumental TAXI # S220820KZ

Post by bmoBauhaus » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:48 am

I feel like this sort of captured what they showed in the examples but all of the examples were very sparse and not consistent. I tried to recreate that essentially. Would love to know if that is the right idea or if I totally misunderstood what they were asking for.

My piece:
https://www.taxi.com/members/N5SOUeh_Qe ... zzle-quest

Sidebar: I also wrote and mixed all of this on Dorico, just to see how it handled. Will probably make a proper version in Reaper but am glad I managed to make something with it.

The TAXI Ad
A Bunch of CHILDREN'S DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

This Company is searching for range of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) that fall in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below (but not limited to):

Hero Elementary (from 7:19 - 7:48)

Octonauts (from 10:45 - 11:45)

Octonauts (from 9:24 - 10:46)

Send them well-produced Dramedy Instrumentals (or Cues) that are geared towards Children's TV Shows and other programming. Engaging motifs and simple, yet effective arrangements are both needed for this request. Instrumentation in the general style of the references will suit your submissions best, however, this Company is very interested in Dramedy-style Instrumentals that feature instrumentation other than pizzicato strings as the focal element. We recommend replacing the pizz strings with instruments like woodwinds, toy pianos, xylophones, etc. to get closest to what this Library is looking for. Strings can be included in your pieces, but please do your best to avoid featuring them as a prominent instrument (especially if they are pizzicato strings). Your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use need to be high-quality and not dated, as well.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.