Submit same track to two listings - one is Exclusive

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JimDiGritz

Submit same track to two listings - one is Exclusive

Post by JimDiGritz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:14 am

Hi, hopefully a simple question.

Is it acceptable to submit to 2 listings that end at the same time, when one is Exclusive?

My understanding is that I can't since if both the submissions gets forwarded then I would have to turn down/retract a submission from one... obviously not good business.

Is this correct or have I missed something?

Cheers

Jim

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Submit same track to two listings - one is Exclusive

Post by Casey H » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:29 am

Submit to as many listings as possible until a song is actually signed exclusive. Submitting is just that. You may or may not get the forward. You may get the forward and never hear from the library. You may hear from the library but for whatever reason chose not to sign the deal. In other words, it ain't over till it's over. :D

Also, let's say you submitted to exclusive libraries A and B, A contacts you first and you sign with them. Then later on you hear from B. You can tell B the track is already signed but you would be happy to write one or more new, similar ones for them. It's almost always a win-win and a great way to start a relationship.

Good luck!
:D Casey

JimDiGritz

Re: Submit same track to two listings - one is Exclusive

Post by JimDiGritz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 pm

JimDiGritz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:14 am
Hi, hopefully a simple question.

Is it acceptable to submit to 2 listings that end at the same time, when one is Exclusive?

My understanding is that I can't since if both the submissions gets forwarded then I would have to turn down/retract a submission from one... obviously not good business.

Is this correct or have I missed something?

Cheers

Jim
Awesome thanks for explaining!