How Many Tracks Do You Need to Earn Full-Time Sync Income?

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TAXILIZ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:41 pm

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWAr8T4TySY

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) 12am London (BST) / 9am Sydney (AEST)

Dear Songwriters, Artists, and Composers,

People ask me this question nearly every week of my life:

"How many tracks do I need to make full-time sync income?" They ask me in the live chatroom on TAXI TV. They ask me in the hotel elevator during our free music convention, the Road Rally. They ask it on the TAXI Forums.

Why are musicians so obsessed with the magic number of tracks it takes before you can earn a full-time income with your music? I think it's because they'd rather have their day gig be a job they love, VS their day gig now, that they probably hate!

I was working on TAXI's website a few days ago, and I saw a quote from member Keith LuBrant that inspired this episode.

"I've had 105,455 placements on 1,711 TV shows on 283 networks."

Well Keith, how many tracks do you have in production music libraries to accomplish numbers like that? Inquiring minds want to know, and that's why I've asked him to join me on this week's TAXI TV!

We're going to dig deep and uncover everything you need to know about how many tracks you need to make full-time sync income during this episode of TAXI TV. If you want to earn your full-time income from creating music for media, don't miss this power-edition episode.

Composer Catalog Giveaways!

Keith is going to give away two copies of Composer Catalog. One during the live show, and another to the person who asks the best question in the YouTube comments, under the archived version of the show.

Composer Catalog was created for writers, by a writer. No more trying to stuff metadata in .mp3 fields. Since Keith composes music for television and film, he created a tool that would allow him to get a handle on his music library. The music was growing, and keeping track of it on a spreadsheet just was not cutting it!

For more information on Composer Catalog:
http://www.composercatalog.com/

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWAr8T4TySY

To Join the Live Chat and Ask Questions During the Broadcast…

You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to link your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) 12am London (BST) / 9am Sydney (AEST)

Join us on the show,

Michael and the TAXI TV Team