We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Feedback Request: Joyful, Emotionally Upbeat Acoustic Instrumental Cue

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:10 pm

Hey all!

I'd really appreciate any and all constructive feedback on this track for the listing below: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR ... cky-streak

Thank you!!
Doug

A Bunch of JOYFUL, EMOTIONALLY UPBEAT ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a globally distributed Music Licensing Company that's had a lot of success landing TONS of Major Network placements every year!

This Company is on the lookout for lots of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general ballpark of the following references:

Queer Eye (from 1:00 - 1:26) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE66HT5gAk&t=60s

"Missing Piece" by Vance Joy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCX3scK0dQ4

Queer Eye (from 2:00 - 2:47) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE66HT5gAk&t=120s

Although one of the references has Vocals, please submit Instrumentals Only for this request.

Send them well-composed Acoustic Instrumental Cues with engaging motifs, inviting rhythms, and solid arrangements that are bursting with tons of upbeat, happy, and fun energy! Acoustic-based instrumentation like acoustic guitar, ukulele, and organic drums/percussion will work best for this request. We recommend crafting your Cues around a single motif and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create a sense of forward motion, interest, and dynamics. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and not dated sounding. If you have tracks that could bring out a feel-good, sun-shiny feeling for listeners, this Company wants to hear them!

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback Request: Joyful, Emotionally Upbeat Acoustic Instrumental Cue

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:06 am

I think its excellent Doug! Great sounds, playing and mix, and a lovely sting ending. To match the refs I might have gone for a bit faster tempo, but I can't see anything else holding this one back. Best of luck with it.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:26 am

Very nicely done. Nice feel and good song structure. It is hard to hear the references since they are underscore but I think yours fits that mood, etc. good job

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:02 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:06 am
I think its excellent Doug! Great sounds, playing and mix, and a lovely sting ending. To match the refs I might have gone for a bit faster tempo, but I can't see anything else holding this one back. Best of luck with it.
Hi Graham -- that's great to hear, much appreciated! I'm really working on my mixing skills, specifically EQ and avoiding too much reverb, so I'm glad to hear the mix sounds good. Thanks so much for listening and giving feedback!

Have a great weekend...

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:04 pm

jlopez wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:26 am
Very nicely done. Nice feel and good song structure. It is hard to hear the references since they are underscore but I think yours fits that mood, etc. good job
Okay, awesome to hear, thank you! Yes, the two references from the show were a bit more difficult to hear, so I was shooting more towards the Vance Joy reference. I really appreciate you listening and responding, so thanks again! Doug

jefflaplante
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jefflaplante » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm

I think this is fantastic. Brilliant mix and that chorus melody is fire. Upon first listen, the verse melody could have been a bit more memorable, but when I listened again...it seemed pretty good. Nice work!!

Jeff

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:39 pm

I love it, Doug! Best of luck with it!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:46 am

jefflaplante wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm
I think this is fantastic. Brilliant mix and that chorus melody is fire. Upon first listen, the verse melody could have been a bit more memorable, but when I listened again...it seemed pretty good. Nice work!!

Jeff
Wow, thanks a lot Jeff! I really appreciate you listening and commenting, it's really encouraging! Have a great day...Doug

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:47 am

LamarPecorino wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:39 pm
I love it, Doug! Best of luck with it!
Awesome to hear, Lamar! So glad you liked it, and thanks for the listen!
Doug

myk247365
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by myk247365 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:06 pm

I think this piece is a great fit for the listing. The only comment I have is, I don't hear a lead guitar in the references. So as great as it is, I'd leave the leads out when submitting this one. Also, when doing "melody lite" if the lyrics repeat a note several times, I would combine those into a single note for the lead instrument, i.e. four 16ths become a single quarter note. Psychologically, the melody will still be there, but you reduce the repetition which can give it a dated feel after a while.

Hope this helps.

Michael