Uptempo aggressive rock songs with male vocals # S220914HK

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MJLeeman
Impressive
Impressive

Uptempo aggressive rock songs with male vocals # S220914HK

Post by MJLeeman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:47 am

I have come up with this backing track for this listing. I have finalsied the lyrics. Before I get a vocalist to sing the song, I would be grateful to receive any comments and suggestions re this backing track, bearing in mind that I am currently restricted to virtual as opposed to real instruments in the backing.

https://www.taxi.com/members/nwRU7pygQr ... king-track

Cheers
Michael

UPTEMPO, AGGRESSIVE ROCK SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a $100, Direct-to-Director Placement in an upcoming Indie Horror Feature Film.

NOTE: This film's Director is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI's members, so this is a great chance to make some money upfront; and more importantly, it's an opportunity for this Director to get to know you and your music for future films he directs!

The Director is searching for Uptempo Songs with Male Vocals that could be heard on a playlist with the following references we got directly from them:

"Sleepaway" by John Altyn

"Make My Body" by The Chain Gang of 1974

"Straight Between the Eyes" by Anvil

We understand the references are a bit dated, so please use them as a starting point to get in the general stylistic ballpark regarding tone, tempo, and style needed.

About the Movie: This is a horror film about a sole survivor of an infamous slasher killer. While trying to overcome her dreadful past and loss of her friends, a new string of murders occur and she is forced to confront her fears with help from a True-Crime podcaster.

Quoting the Director: "I'm seeking music for our film and need songs with lyrics used as diegetic (source) music in scenes."

About This Scene: "This song will be playing over a scene where a character is murdered by the killer, and also contains some other adult content, so something loud and fast-tempo would work best."

IMPORTANT NOTE: The artist for this Song should be comfortable with their music playing in a scene featuring adult content if submitting for this opportunity.

Please submit top-tier Rock Songs with an aggressive, loud, and driving vibe and feel that could work well for the scene described above. Your submissions should include rockin' guitars, memorable melodies, energizing rhythms, well-crafted lyrics, and tons of fast-paced energy. This Director is open to a range of Rock Songs – from Hard Rock to 80's to Alternative to Progressive to Grunge – since capturing the aggressive mood and vibe is key to nailing this request. Rock instrumentation in the general ballpark of the references will suit your submissions best. Please be sure your production is polished and any virtual sounds or instruments you use are high-quality and generally competitive with the references. Confident, well-performed Male Vocals are a must, as well!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, places, and profanity so they don't conflict with the film's storyline or dialogue. Please do NOT copy the referenced Songs or artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This will be a Direct-to-Film placement, and the estimated license fee for each placement is $100. If your song is licensed for this film, you will be granting them the ability to use it in perpetuity across different media it will be released on. FYI, that's pretty standard. You must own or control the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely tight deadline, so please don't even ask! Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, September 14th, 2022. TAXI # S220914HK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Uptempo aggressive rock songs with male vocals # S220914HK

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:04 am

Had a listen to the refs and I have to say I think you're pretty wide of the mark here..arrangement wise - emotional vibe - mix etc. Your track doesn't match up with the example tracks for me.
MJLeeman wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:47 am
Your submissions should include rockin' guitars,
The main thing in the refs is the rock guitars, but I don't hear any in your track - if you're using a virtual guitar then it's not sounding like the real deal.

Although the brief is broad they are asking for " Top Tier Rock Songs " and this doesn't even feature a rock song type arrangement so for me it would be pretty far outside the ballpark.

Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:34 am

Agree, not in the ballpark for this listing at all. You might think about re-purposing this as an instrumental or cue. My first reaction was telephone "on hold" music. That's not meant as an insult, just how I'm hearing it. Caveat: I'm on laptop speakers and can't comment on the quality of the sounds used.

Good luck with it!
:D Casey

MJLeeman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MJLeeman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Message received. I will shelve this track for now and perhaps revisit it in the future in a different context.

Cheers
Michael