GHOSTHACK

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Rockinpop
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

GHOSTHACK

Post by Rockinpop » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:27 am

Hello everyone,

Just received an email from "GHOSTHACK" ...selling sounds. Can anyone recommend their sounds or company? I've never heard of them...and of course there's a big sale.
Could it be that the sounds are mostly old and already used out there?

Ron

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: GHOSTHACK

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:15 am

I had some of their stuff i the past , I mean they are decent enough samples but they've ( samples generally ) have become a contentious issue in sync licensing due to audio detection platforms falsely flagging music and speculative copyright claims resulting.

Kinda means you're limited to 1 shots or chopping / changing them enough to make them your own. Personally I wouldn't buy individual sample packs these days, if you're going to make use of them then go with a cloud based subscription option where you have access to far more material that is much more easily searchable. I prefer LoopCloud personally, it's awesome and really helps you make the samples your own with it's built in tools.

Mark

Rockinpop
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Rockinpop » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:44 pm

Thanks Mark,
I'll check it out.
Ron

Rockinpop
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Rockinpop » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:48 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:15 am
I prefer LoopCloud personally, it's awesome and really helps you make the samples your own with it's built in tools.

Mark
Hey Mark,
I finally got around to trying LoopCloud. What you said makes sense and I've been working with it for a few weeks now to see how I might use it. Learning ways to make the sounds my own is challenging. Once I paste my modified sounds into Reaper, it's wide open for me to add my live parts and be creative.
Thanks again,
Ron