Looking for the best Nashville demo studio

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Looking for the best Nashville demo studio

Post by Casey H » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:00 am

funsongs wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:48 am
20centjukebox wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:32 am
Thank you Peter! If you're still in a sharing mood, I'd love to hear what they did with you. Thank you for the well wishes
Certainly; happy to help.
OK - so, check your email for notification of a "PM"/ Private Message.
Cheers.
PS: no offense to Casey: but I hire BMG precisely BECAUSE they DO Classic Country & Country-Gospel, which is my "wheelhouse"...
all day long...
when it's not Bluegrass/Americana/Funk/R&B/Jazz... TMI... :? :shock: :o 8-) :x :lol:
Nothing wrong with country. I was just mentioning that if it's NOT your target genre, many Nashville studios don't do it well as the are a bit cookie cutter country. "Cookie cutter" was not said with negativity, just that they have a formula/method for cranking out country songs. They do that very well. Do I assume Film/TV is not your target with these songs?

My experience has been that if it's Taxi submissions for Film/TV you are looking for, many studios are not good at the whole "a la" thing. Hiring a Taxi member who produces is much more effective there. The reason I recommended NDF is it's the only one I've found that comes close to that. Also, studio prices are quite high (Can be $650-$1200 with WFH rights). I work with some Taxi members who do great work, understand the Film/TV "a la" game, and charge less than these studios.

Of course, it depends on your goal. If you are pitching country songs for artists to record, these studios are very well suited. :D

YMMV
:D Casey

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Casey H wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:00 am
YMMV
YMMV = Yummy Money-Making Videos
:? :P
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Lucas13

Post by Lucas13 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:43 pm

check out Azalea Studios, Great people, met owner Fett at Rally a few years ago. Very happy with the sounds they produce. Over a dozen songs with them from Rock to Jazz

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:32 am

Just got another one (co-write with songmaster here) accepted by the critical library, recorded by the studio I mentioned earlier in this thread. :D

Keep in mind though that with any studio, it will be costly and there is a good likelihood you will not earn the money back. It CAN happen, but the average earnings of a vocal song, lifetime, are most often not in that $600-$1000 range (90%+ can be $0 even if in a good library and artist cuts are few and far between even in the best of circumstances). So do it for pride, satisfaction, a chance to be in the game, etc. but not with starry eyes of earning thousands of dollars on the song. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

I will say that many of us who are non-performers/non-producers love the joy of finally hearing our song idea brought to life. It really is an amazing feeling. 8-)

Best,

20centjukebox

Post by 20centjukebox » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 am

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful suggestions. Congrats Casey. Great to hear that your getting accepted. I love to see people getting the progress they work for. Re: the studio stuff, yeah they're country songs for a modern country artist. I actually went to a few friends I knew in the business and set up a collab with them. I'll update here once I get the finished product so you can have a listen

Brian.