Welcoming feedback for ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Welcoming feedback for ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY!

Post by BrentI » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm

Happy Friday! I'd love to get some feedback on this acoustic guitar dramedy track. It's kinda tough without any references, so all input is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

https://www.taxi.com/members/KWQ2l_pFSJ ... ttle-fires

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lots of ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

NOTE: We previously ran a similar listing as Dispatch Listing #D220805AD, but the Company did not find what they were looking for, and asked us to try again. If you submitted to listing #D220805AD, please send different material this time around.

Since this is a specialty request, we have decided not to include references as we feel they might be more misleading than helpful.

Please submit well-produced Dramedy Instrumentals (or Cues) that feature Acoustic Guitar and Acoustic Percussion as their principle instrumentation. Your submissions should have quirky motifs and convey a typical "Dramedy" feel, but your arrangements should center around acoustic guitar and percussion rather than the standard-sounding pizzicato strings. Essentially, they would like you to replace where you would typically hear pizz strings with acoustic guitar and build your pieces from there. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central theme and creating dynamics, interest, and forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your submissions can range within the Dramedy genre – from quirky and light hearted to a bit more dramatic – so we suggest trying a range of ideas to change up the cadences, grooves, instrumentation, etc., to get your pieces closer to what this Library is after. Please be sure your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated sounding.

IMPORTANT: This Library is NOT looking for Pizzicato Dramedy, so please think outside the box with this request!

NOTE: We strongly recommend avoiding the use of Strings (especially pizzicato ones) in your pieces for this request. Instead, focus on the acoustic guitar and percussion elements.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Welcoming feedback for ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY!

Post by jlopez » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:09 pm

Nicely done. I am submitting for the same listing and admit it is a bit hard to avoid the pizz strings to get that feel. I am not an expert but I am not sure (given there were no references ) if this has a dramedy feel. I like, it, it is well produced and composed. I could see this being used in a number of dramedy, more light hearted moments but perhaps not for more serious tension scenes. Still, great job and best of luck. As I said I am not an expert but those are my thoughts.

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Welcoming feedback for ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY!

Post by BrentI » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:54 am

jlopez wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:09 pm
Nicely done. I am submitting for the same listing and admit it is a bit hard to avoid the pizz strings to get that feel. I am not an expert but I am not sure (given there were no references ) if this has a dramedy feel. I like, it, it is well produced and composed. I could see this being used in a number of dramedy, more light hearted moments but perhaps not for more serious tension scenes. Still, great job and best of luck. As I said I am not an expert but those are my thoughts.
Thanks for listening! I also was a little uncertain about the feel. I'm anxious to see what ends up getting forwarded for this listing.

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again!