Feedback request for acoustic dramedy

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback request for acoustic dramedy

Post by jlopez » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Hi folks - would appreciate some feedback on the listing below. Thanks in advance

https://www.taxi.com/members/ZV1ixIagTW ... -my-guitar

Lots of ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

NOTE: We previously ran a similar listing as Dispatch Listing #D220805AD, but the Company did not find what they were looking for, and asked us to try again. If you submitted to listing #D220805AD, please send different material this time around.

Since this is a specialty request, we have decided not to include references as we feel they might be more misleading than helpful.

Please submit well-produced Dramedy Instrumentals (or Cues) that feature Acoustic Guitar and Acoustic Percussion as their principle instrumentation. Your submissions should have quirky motifs and convey a typical "Dramedy" feel, but your arrangements should center around acoustic guitar and percussion rather than the standard-sounding pizzicato strings. Essentially, they would like you to replace where you would typically hear pizz strings with acoustic guitar and build your pieces from there. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central theme and creating dynamics, interest, and forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your submissions can range within the Dramedy genre – from quirky and light hearted to a bit more dramatic – so we suggest trying a range of ideas to change up the cadences, grooves, instrumentation, etc., to get your pieces closer to what this Library is after. Please be sure your production and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and not dated sounding.

IMPORTANT: This Library is NOT looking for Pizzicato Dramedy, so please think outside the box with this request!

NOTE: We strongly recommend avoiding the use of Strings (especially pizzicato ones) in your pieces for this request. Instead, focus on the acoustic guitar and percussion elements.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback request for acoustic dramedy

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Link does not work

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:49 pm

I don't know why the link doesn't work as it works for me but here is soundcloud link

https://soundcloud.com/user-259400115/d ... al_sharing

BrentI
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BrentI » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:04 am

Sorry for the late input. I know the deadline is tonight. I really like how you incorporated the guitar, and I think you captured the dramedy mood here really well! It sounds like there are occasional moments where timing could be tightened a bit, but nothing overly distracting.

I wish you the best with it!

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:04 am

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and for taking the time to listen. I agree with the "tightened a bit", I am working on that today but I am trying to get a live feel, so it is a bit hard for me to achieve that balance. Thanks again ....

BrentI wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:04 am
Sorry for the late input. I know the deadline is tonight. I really like how you incorporated the guitar, and I think you captured the dramedy mood here really well! It sounds like there are occasional moments where timing could be tightened a bit, but nothing overly distracting.

I wish you the best with it!