I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

StevenK

I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs

Post by StevenK » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:43 pm

Hi TAXI Members,
I think my question is on the Technology side. I think I think. Maybe I think too much. :P
I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs. I am delivering this to CD Baby this Sunday September 25, 2022.

When CD Baby says on their website - Choose a digital distribution for your album.

[*] Downloads + Streaming services
Includes all download partners, plus streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, YouTube Music, Deezer, and more.

[*] Downloads Only
Includes only stores that sell downloads of your music and does not include streaming services that provide users with access to tracks they haven't purchased or previously owned. This will not include services like Spotify, Youtube, or Apple music.

[*] Do it all. Even unpaid.
Includes places that offer free downloads and streaming.

QUESTION: I will choose the first or second option, [*] Downloads + Streaming services or the [*] Downloads Only
TAXI Members please offer your insight on these options. Which one should I choose?

Thanks in advance!
Steven Kerry Bruce

magicjuani
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs

Post by magicjuani » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:55 am

StevenK wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:43 pm
Hi TAXI Members,
I think my question is on the Technology side. I think I think. Maybe I think too much. :P
I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs. I am delivering this to CD Baby this Sunday September 25, 2022.

When CD Baby says on their website - Choose a digital distribution for your album.

[*] Downloads + Streaming services
Includes all download partners, plus streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, YouTube Music, Deezer, and more.

[*] Downloads Only
Includes only stores that sell downloads of your music and does not include streaming services that provide users with access to tracks they haven't purchased or previously owned. This will not include services like Spotify, Youtube, or Apple music.

[*] Do it all. Even unpaid.
Includes places that offer free downloads and streaming.

QUESTION: I will choose the first or second option, [*] Downloads + Streaming services or the [*] Downloads Only
TAXI Members please offer your insight on these options. Which one should I choose?

Thanks in advance!
Steven Kerry Bruce

If you want to get paid for both streaming AND downloads, you only have to choose the FIRST option.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: I have a QUESTION about releasing on CD Baby a 25 song album of my original songs

Post by Casey H » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:53 am

If you also want to submit these songs to music libraries for Film/TV, make sure you don't check any option that allows them to be your publishing administrator. I don't know the specific wording or checkbox as I don't use CD Baby, but you should see it.

Good luck!
:D Casey