60 Episodes on CBS Daytime Drama

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

60 Episodes on CBS Daytime Drama

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 pm

This week my music was featured on The Young & The Restless (CBS), that’s 60 episodes I’ve had music on! My co-writer, Justin Mather, and I have had 18 different songs placed on the show. We are grateful the production company & music supervisors dig our songs!

Lately, I’ve been performing around LA~I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I got started writing music for TV shows. I tell them about the company that helped me learn what the music industry wants and guided me with honest feedback, education, conferences, song pitching, leading to 8 publishing deals; none other than TAXI.

How I joined in 2007 with some ability and a couple albums, but lacked any solid songwriting. I switched gears and refocused on instrumental music based on TAXI listings. That their service and unwavering dedication combined with my laser focus and willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed, has led to nearly 400 TV shows using my music (1600 + episodes).

I stopped writing instrumental cues 5 or so years ago. It’s amazing how often this music still gets used. The last five years, I have gotten back into songwriting specifically for TV pitches. I have a group called Coast Riders, with Justin Mather, and we released 3 albums. 90% of the songs are signed. Check out our Instagram: coastridersband
We are happy to follow you right back to see what you’re up to!

I’m looking forward to the Rally! I also have a show on Sunday Nov 6th at 8pm at Tr!p Santa Monica, so I hope to see you there if any Rally friends are still around! 😎🎸

magicjuani
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: 60 Episodes on CBS Daytime Drama

Post by magicjuani » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:51 am

jeffgreenleaf wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 pm
This week my music was featured on The Young & The Restless (CBS), that’s 60 episodes I’ve had music on! My co-writer, Justin Mather, and I have had 18 different songs placed on the show. We are grateful the production company & music supervisors dig our songs!

Lately, I’ve been performing around LA~I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I got started writing music for TV shows. I tell them about the company that helped me learn what the music industry wants and guided me with honest feedback, education, conferences, song pitching, leading to 8 publishing deals; none other than TAXI.

How I joined in 2007 with some ability and a couple albums, but lacked any solid songwriting. I switched gears and refocused on instrumental music based on TAXI listings. That their service and unwavering dedication combined with my laser focus and willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed, has led to nearly 400 TV shows using my music (1600 + episodes).

I stopped writing instrumental cues 5 or so years ago. It’s amazing how often this music still gets used. The last five years, I have gotten back into songwriting specifically for TV pitches. I have a group called Coast Riders, with Justin Mather, and we released 3 albums. 90% of the songs are signed. Check out our Instagram: coastridersband
We are happy to follow you right back to see what you’re up to!

I’m looking forward to the Rally! I also have a show on Sunday Nov 6th at 8pm at Tr!p Santa Monica, so I hope to see you there if any Rally friends are still around! 😎🎸

This is awesome, Jeff ! Congrats !

The Young & The Restless used to be a kind of guilty pleasure when I was growing up, watching it with my mom on French TV.

All seemed to be one small step after another to lead to your success! Congrats

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:47 am

Awsome man! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:50 am

60! Awesome! MEGA congrats. :mrgreen: :D 8-)

You got me beat. I'm only up to 47. This Taxi connection has been so great for many of us.

Best,
:) Casey

JMatherMusic

Post by JMatherMusic » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:13 am

Congrats, mi amigo, and cool to look back at how this all came to be. All comes back to determination, Taxi & ML. Good stuff :)

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:51 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:50 am
60! Awesome! MEGA congrats. :mrgreen: :D 8-)

You got me beat. I'm only up to 47. This Taxi connection has been so great for many of us.

Best,
:) Casey
Nice Casey! Thanks all 😎🎸🚕🔥

ksutton1207
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ksutton1207 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:38 am

What a milestone! Congrats Jeff. Sounds like you've had a great trajectory so far. Wishing you continued success!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am

You got another one today, Jeff!! Way to go!! :D 8-) :mrgreen:

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:19 am

ksutton1207 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:38 am
What a milestone! Congrats Jeff. Sounds like you've had a great trajectory so far. Wishing you continued success!
Thanks mate! 🎸🎸

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:20 am

Casey H wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am
You got another one today, Jeff!! Way to go!! :D 8-) :mrgreen:
Thanks! Always exciting news 😃🎸