Impressive
Impressive

Re: MonkMello (EDM)

Post by SubRivers » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 pm

CTWF wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:14 pm
SubRivers wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pm
Do you have an interest in maths and probability ?
re. the Martingale name
:D On average, I go nowhere.
But in the long run if you stick with it to the very end, you are will end up with a bit more than it, so long as you don't run out of it along the way.

whatever "it" is :D

the track is cool btw - not sure what is involved in a mashup - be good if you could explain

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:07 am

SubRivers wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 pm
But in the long run if you stick with it to the very end, you are will end up with a bit more than it, so long as you don't run out of it along the way.

Ha - now it depends if we're talking about the Roulette doubling strategy, or the mathematical definition.
SubRivers wrote:
the track is cool btw - not sure what is involved in a mashup - be good if you could explain
I think I shifted Marshmello by 2 semitones, the monk I had to speed up. Then it was a lot of cutting, plugins, ear candy, ... even my own recorded whistling is in it.

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:15 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:07 am
SubRivers wrote:

Ha - now it depends if we're talking about the Roulette doubling strategy, or the mathematical definition.

Tom
Yes that was the gambling strategy.
Don't really understand why the mathematical martingale (i.e. E[Xn+1] = Xn) got its name from that strategy

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:20 pm

SubRivers wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:15 pm
Yes that was the gambling strategy.
Don't really understand why the mathematical martingale (i.e. E[Xn+1] = Xn) got its name from that strategy
The gambling strategy is a time-wise unlimited (proper mathematical) martingale that is stopped when it first hits the profit zone. By stopping it, the resulting process is not a (proper mathematical) martingale anymore. The stopping procedure changes the stochastic process.

So, if we really just always double the bet, and do this forever - never take profit, it is a mathematical martingale. Therefore the name was adopted, I suppose.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.