Greetings and just submitted my first songs!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

audiogust

Greetings and just submitted my first songs!

Post by audiogust » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:14 pm

Hi folks!

I just joined Taxi a few weeks ago and I'm very excited to meet many of you (in person and virtually) in the coming months. I've spent the last 30 years in the software biz (most of it at Microsoft) but I retired from that a couple of months ago and I'm very excited to be focusing the next chapter of my life on creating music. I joined Taxi to help answer the question -- why? Prior to working in software, I used to run a recording studio and started a company that made podcasts, but it was 1988 so we were a bit ahead of our time (we didn't know they were podcasts at the time, of course, but you would definitely recognize what we did as podcasts if you heard them today).

I built a home studio during the pandemic on Whidbey Island in Washington state (USA) and now that I have a lovely space for this, it's time to use it a bunch! I just made my first submissions and, while I'm not expecting anything yet, it feels great to be putting myself and my music out there. I'm also very excited to share what I've learned and to learn a ton from you all.

See you all around!
-Chris (AudioGust)

P.S. I use the name AudioGust for most of my work because there are a LOT of other Chris Evans' in the world who tend to do the same things I do. This makes me largely un-Googleable. :D

garrettmiller
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Greetings and just submitted my first songs!

Post by garrettmiller » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:42 pm

Greetings!

Tonebonemarone

Post by Tonebonemarone » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Hey Chris, welcome!

I've been on taxi for about a year (in fact my renewal date is coming up quick!) so I'm still a newbie myself, but I've been making, recording, and producing music for much longer!

Best of luck on your submissions!

SusanAnnNorberg
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SusanAnnNorberg » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:27 am

Hello welcome newbie

I've been on for little over a year and still consider myself a newbie. Good luck with your submissions. So far I hadn't had any luck until now. My Christmas song ended up on their Christmas compilation disc. So I'm very excited. Best of luck