Feedback on Emotional Piano Cue TAXI # S221012EM

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback on Emotional Piano Cue TAXI # S221012EM

Post by bmoBauhaus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:00 am

Howdy! Looking for any comments or critiques on this emotional piano draft. I think I may shape the strings a little more and possibly thicken with some very soft horns. Is it on the mark or nah? Thanks in advance!

my track:
https://www.taxi.com/members/N5SOUeh_Qe ... -1st-draft

Here is the post:
EMOTIONAL SOLO PIANO INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a globally distributed Music Licensing Company that's represented in over 75 countries and has a lot of success landing TONS of Major Network placements every year!

This Company is on the hunt for building Instrumental Cues in the general wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them:

We are in this together NBC News & MSNBC Campaign

"Nuvole Bianche" by Ludovico Einaudi

WeCanWeWill Campaign

Although some of the references include additional instrumentation, please submit Solo Piano Instrumental Cues only for this request.

Please send well-performed Solo Piano Instrumental Cues that start with a subtle beginning and gradually build throughout to a climactic crescendo. Your submissions should have engaging motifs, excellent musicianship, well-balanced production, and top-notch arrangements that capture the emotional journey this Company is looking for. Solo piano is required for this pitch. If you choose to use any virtual instruments or samples, please be sure they are of the highest quality and sound like the real thing as nothing stiff, dated, or overly MIDI-driven will work.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Tonebonemarone

Re: Feedback on Emotional Piano Cue TAXI # S221012EM

Post by Tonebonemarone » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:37 pm

I really like the piano sound you've achieved but it sounds like you're fighting the same thing I am: realism in the string VSTi. To my ears the strings sound a little MIDI driven in spots, although overall it's better than I've been able to achieve so far!

The listing seems pretty clear that submissions should be Piano Only though, so this one might get returned solely for the fact that there are other instruments in it.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:56 pm

bmoBauhaus wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:00 am
Although some of the references include additional instrumentation, please submit Solo Piano Instrumental Cues only for this request.
There shouldn't be any strings on it if you don't want to disqualify yourself right away.

bmoBauhaus
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bmoBauhaus » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:19 am

I go through so many of these, thank you for saving me that embarrassment. I did not notice the piano only part. whew. Thanks again.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:13 pm

Yay, it specifies "Solo Piano." That said, I loved the piano and your very artful and sensitive creation. It sounded "Copelanesque," . . . to coin a phrase. Bravo! John