Edit points for tension Instrumental cues

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Otis12062002
Active
Active

Edit points for tension Instrumental cues

Post by Otis12062002 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:02 am

Yooo, so a while back I submitted to a tension drone instrumental.
The feedback was it needed a couple more edit points or 2, plus a more developmental arc.
What is an edit point? Does anyone have a successful instrumental tension drone cue I could listen to with a good example of edit points and great developmental arc?

Cheers

All the best

Otis

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Edit points for tension Instrumental cues

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:06 am

Hey Otis

As they never use a full cue an edit point is just a part of the track where a video editor can easily cut and drop it into the edit. It might be a small pause, it might be a hit followed by a long tail before the next section starts or it can just be a simple pick up into a new section like a drum hit with a little riser.

Here is one of mine that's had quite a lot of placements this year...see if you can spot the edit points.

https://www.megatrax.com/tracks?tracks=clk037-1

( give it a few seconds to show up )

Mark

Otis12062002
Active
Active

Post by Otis12062002 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:29 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:06 am
Hey Otis

As they never use a full cue an edit point is just a part of the track where a video editor can easily cut and drop it into the edit. It might be a small pause, it might be a hit followed by a long tail before the next section starts or it can just be a simple pick up into a new section like a drum hit with a little riser.

Here is one of mine that's had quite a lot of placements this year...see if you can spot the edit points.

Mark
Just gave it a listen! awesome stuff! I get what you mean now. An easy point for them to cut.

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:40 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:06 am
Hey Otis

Mark

I received the same feedback on a tension cue recently. "Toxic Shadow" is a nice track. Congrats on the placements. Well deserved.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am

Burnzy wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:40 am
I received the same feedback on a tension cue recently. "Toxic Shadow" is a nice track. Congrats on the placements. Well deserved.
Thanks, it's been placed 14 times now - everything from drug taking, prostitution , shoplifters , hurricanes , ash clouds ... :lol:

Seems my specialty is pain and misery in a variety of minor keys :?