Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What to Bring to the Rally

Post by Casey H » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:36 pm

fretman wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:26 am
Regarding these CDs, are these to be

1) "Red Book" Audio CDs that normally get played back on standard CD players?

or

2) Data CDs with MP3s on them in a normal computer file structure, similar to what would go on USB sticks?

If 2) then I'll probably just bring USB sticks. Amazon (USA) has a sale right now on ten 2GB sticks for $17. That's only $1.70 each!
https://www.amazon.com/JUANWE-Drives-St ... 00W16DVA2/

Thank you, Paul
Always audio CDs per standard CD players. NOT mp3 CDs. I would not recommend USB sticks as many don't want to plug them into their computers, fearing viruses. As we've discussed, CDs aren't used much anymore but having a few handy just in case is still a good idea. Mentors, as far as I know, can plug their headphones into your phone. I think I mentioned earlier that if your phone requires a lightning to headphone jack adapter, bring one. Also, when you hand your device to the mentor, make sure the volume isn't set at blow out ear drums level.

In Driver's Ed classes, you *might* encounter a teacher who will give feedback on songs by having students submit a CD with a lyric sheet wrapped around it with a rubberband. Each class has a CD boom box player for the teacher. If you are seeking feedback on lyrical songs, bring a few lyric sheets (get them on one page!) and rubberbands.

Also... If you are attending the Eat and Greet Mentor lunch, you may want to have 6 CDs put aside just for that as mentors may collect CDs from the members at tables.

Best,
:-) Casey