Submitting an already forwarded track

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DavidBeardmoreMusic

Submitting an already forwarded track

Post by DavidBeardmoreMusic » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi folks

I'm pretty new to this game of sync / library music. I've only been on Taxi exactly 1 month but I do have my 1st forward (an instrumental holiday track). Obvs I'm delighted about the forward but I'm now focussing on the next forward. So a newish listing has appeared and the track I've just had forwarded would also be a strong match so I'd like to submit it to this 2nd listing

I think I know the answer, but I'd like to get your opinions for added safety..... The library that's currently got my forwarded track hasn't placed it yet with any of their clients, or used it in any way that I can see. So I think(?) I'm free to continue submitting it to other exclusive libraries until someone actually contracts with me to use it. My understanding is that just because it's been forwarded doesn't mean it will get accepted by the library or used. But once it's contracted to a client for a TV show or ad, then I have to stop submitting it and also inform any library that's received the track but not used it that it has now been contracted

Have I got this correct?

Appreciate your wisdom and advice!

Thanks, David

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Submitting an already forwarded track

Post by Casey H » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:00 pm

If you're saying a track has been forwarded but you never signed a contract with the library, it hasn't been pitched or placed anywhere. The first step would be for the library to contact you and offer you a contract. I was confused when you said:
The library that's currently got my forwarded track hasn't placed it yet with any of their clients, or used it in any way that I can see.
No signed contract, you are free to do anything you want with the track. If you did sign a contract, please let us know as it changes things.

So unless you have a signed deal, keep submitting and submitting. Keep in mind that a large percentage of forwards never result in being contacted. Write, Submit, Forget, Repeat.

Best,
:D Casey