What To Bring To The Rally (2022 Edition!)

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What To Bring To The Rally (2022 Edition!)

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:15 am

kanary48 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 pm
Fantastic advice! Funny, we've been to a bunch of Rallys, never thought to bring a headphone splitter. Great idea:) All signed up for Mentor Luncheons- One thing- we find it's always so hard to hear what's being said at our table there. Especially if you are not sitting directly near the Mentor. Any words of wisdom as far at that goes?

Thanks, Ed and Carol Nicodemi:)
And your own headphones or buds of course if you are bringing a splitter. Forgot to state the obvious before. ;)

Regarding the mentor lunches... Get on line by the door as early as you can so your have choice of seats. The mentor's seat should be marked as reserved at every table, grab seats next to that. Tables near the sides of the room should be quieter than in the middle of the room. **This is all based on my recollection from a long time back, but I think it's all still valid. :D

steveprobst
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by steveprobst » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:44 am

kanary48 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 pm
Fantastic advice! Funny, we've been to a bunch of Rallys, never thought to bring a headphone splitter. Great idea:) All signed up for Mentor Luncheons- One thing- we find it's always so hard to hear what's being said at our table there. Especially if you are not sitting directly near the Mentor. Any words of wisdom as far at that goes?

Thanks, Ed and Carol Nicodemi:)
As I understand it, there will 100 less people in mentor lunch than previously rallys? That's 100 less people raising the volume level to hear mentors at the table. (Or maybe we'll just all talk louder) :lol:
Steve Probst

===========================
Songwriter/Composer
Touring Vocalist/Guitarist
http://SteveProbst.net
https://soundcloud.com/steveprobst

michelJean2020nov

Post by michelJean2020nov » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:43 am

What about bluetooth headphones? I plan to come with two of those, one for me and another for the listener! My music is on Soundcloud so I intend to use these to present my music. I will use my iPhone as the device.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 am

michelJean2020nov wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:43 am
What about bluetooth headphones? I plan to come with two of those, one for me and another for the listener! My music is on Soundcloud so I intend to use these to present my music. I will use my iPhone as the device.
Listeners generally prefer to use their own headphones for sanitary reasons. Mentors are being asked to bring their own. Also, with only 15 minutes in a mentor session, I wouldn't want to deal with any technical glitches such as last minute Bluetooth connection or battery issues. I suggest going with audio jack headphones and a splitter. Also, although WiFi should be available, you never know. Therefore I think it's better to have the songs local on your device (as opposed to just Soundcloud) if you can.

michelJean2020nov

Post by michelJean2020nov » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:16 am

Casey H wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 am
michelJean2020nov wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:43 am
Listeners generally prefer to use their own headphones for sanitary reasons. Mentors are being asked to bring their own. Also, with only 15 minutes in a mentor session, I wouldn't want to deal with any technical glitches such as last minute Bluetooth connection or battery issues. I suggest going with audio jack headphones and a splitter. Also, although WiFi should be available, you never know. Therefore I think it's better to have the songs local on your device (as opposed to just Soundcloud) if you can.
Oh, ok, thank you.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:55 am
I suggest going with audio jack headphones and a splitter.
On TaxiTV tonight Michael L said they had purchased 50 splitters to give to mentors.