TAXI # S221110FV - Screening/Forwarding?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KBee

TAXI # S221110FV - Screening/Forwarding?

Post by KBee » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:07 am

Dear TAXI,

I inquired about TAXI # S221110FV "HIT-WORTHY COUNTRY SONGS with Female Vocals are needed by an Award-Winning Country Artist..." over on the "Forwards" section yesterday (yesterday being Nov.7, 2022) ......but think I should have actually posted under the "Listings" section instead, sorry for the repeated query.

***My Question: For any listings such as this one which don't mention that TAXI will be doing the screening/critiques, I'm wondering if that means that it would be the Record Label that will be screening the songs?

Thank you,
KBee

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TAXI # S221110FV - Screening/Forwarding?

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:52 am

If there is no mention of who will be screening submissions for a listing I think its pretty safe to assume that it will be Taxi. Again though, how does it help you to know? My guess is that you would still submit the same song(s).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:52 am
If there is no mention of who will be screening submissions for a listing I think its pretty safe to assume that it will be Taxi. Again though, how does it help you to know? My guess is that you would still submit the same song(s).
Yes, if it says nothing about who is screening, it's a Taxi screener. Sometimes it will say that it will be a Taxi screener, hand picked by the client. Telefunkin makes a good point. What would you do differently with the information?

An aside... Quite a few years back, someone came on the forum pissed off as all hell about getting a return. He ranted for pages and pages about how horrible the screeners were. But he obviously hadn't read the sentence in the listing that said all submissions would be reviewed by the client themselves. It's hard to argue and blame Taxi if it was the client A&R person that returned your track! :lol:

KBee

Post by KBee » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Thank you Telefunkin and Casey H for your replies, I appreciate it. For knowing if it's a record label, for instance, doing the screenings on song submissions, that's pretty much the only time I would ever be heard by a record label (or publisher, etc.) having never been forwarded thus far.

Even though I know it'd just be for the screening process, as an unforwarded-so-far songwriter, it'd still be like "Wow! My song is actually going to be heard, for a very brief moment in time, by a record label and/or publisher!" :)