We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Feedback Request: Stomp-Clap Rock Instrumental

Post by DouglasKnight » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:42 am

Hey all --

I'm re-working this track for this listing below: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... -greatness

It was returned previously due to the mix, so would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Doug.

HARD-HITTING STOMP-CLAP ROCK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Library with International Distribution in over 60 countries and an impressive track record of landing tons of placements in tons of Hit TV Shows!

This Library is searching for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with these references:

"The Drum" by The Seige https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujRptOjoAQ

"See It to Believe It" by The Phantoms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ysZgA_rNc

"Get Ready" by Rayelle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPVshOZt4I

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this request.

Please submit well-produced Rock Instrumental Cues with killer stomp-clap rhythms, solid arrangements, rockin' guitar riffs, and a hefty dose of cool, larger-than-life swagger and energy. Your instrumentation should fall in the general wheelhouse of the references. Incorporating some additional instrumentation like trap-hats or non-lyrical vocals ("ooh's," "ahhs," "yeahs," etc.) could work for this request, as well. There is room to get creative with this request, so don't be afraid to think outside the box! Craft your Cues around a singular motif and mood, and layer instrumentation in and out as they progress to create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics. Please be sure your production is polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and modern.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback Request: Stomp-Clap Rock Instrumental

Post by jessecarrigan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:36 am

Hey Doug, nice work on this! Sounds pretty good to me. Did they give any specific notes last time?

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 am

Hi Jesse! Thanks for the listen : ). The screener said it was lacking in low end, so I tried to beef it a up a good bit. Thanks again and nice hanging out at the RR!

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jessecarrigan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:05 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 am
Hi Jesse! Thanks for the listen : ). The screener said it was lacking in low end, so I tried to beef it a up a good bit. Thanks again and nice hanging out at the RR!
Same here, great to meet you there.

It's possible that the highs are a little intense, which might be giving the effect of less low end even though I can hear that it's there. Maybe try taming the highs a bit and see what that does. Overall though, the mix is really clear and I enjoyed the track. I think it fits in pretty well with these references. Good luck!

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:46 pm

jessecarrigan wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:05 pm
DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 am
Same here, great to meet you there.

It's possible that the highs are a little intense, which might be giving the effect of less low end even though I can hear that it's there. Maybe try taming the highs a bit and see what that does. Overall though, the mix is really clear and I enjoyed the track. I think it fits in pretty well with these references. Good luck!
Ah, good idea - I'll take a look at the highs and try to tame it a bit, thanks for that! Much appreciated, Doug

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:34 pm

I listened and to me, it sounds good. Very well composed - the mix, given what it is sounds good. i am not an expect at this genre.

audiogust

Post by audiogust » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Definitely lots of good low end there now in the drums and bass. I like the feel. Love the pick slide :)

-Chris

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:48 am

jlopez wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:34 pm
I listened and to me, it sounds good. Very well composed - the mix, given what it is sounds good. i am not an expect at this genre.
Awesome -- thanks a lot for listening and commenting, very much appreciated! All the best, Doug

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:51 am

audiogust wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:05 pm
Definitely lots of good low end there now in the drums and bass. I like the feel. Love the pick slide :)

-Chris
Great to hear, thanks a lot Chris!