Feedback requested for Acoustic Dramedy

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Feedback requested for Acoustic Dramedy

Post by jlopez » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:31 pm

Hi folks - I would appreciate feedback on the following cue. Thank you in advance.

https://www.taxi.com/members/ZV1ixIagTW ... -my-guitar

Lots of ACOUSTIC GUITAR DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

Since this is a specialty request, we have decided not to include references as we feel they might be more misleading than helpful.

Please submit top-notch Dramedy Instrumentals (or Cues) with Acoustic Guitar as their primary instrumentation. Your submissions should have playful motifs, excellent musicianship, and solid arrangements. Your submissions can range within the Dramedy genre – from quirky to mischievous to just about anywhere in between! Whichever mood you choose to take, be sure to craft your pieces around a central theme and create dynamics, interest, and forward motion by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Your production should be polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use need to be high-quality and realistic sounding.

TAXI TIP: There is room to get creative with this pitch since this Library is looking for a fresh, new take on Dramedy. Think of changing up the cadences, rhythms, instrumentation, etc., to help give your pieces an added edge.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals or Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals or Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely tight deadline, so please don't ask! Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, November 14th, 2022. TAXI # S221114CR

Submit to this listing TAXI # S221114CR

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback requested for Acoustic Dramedy

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:13 am

Hi J, nice work on this! However, the mix sounds overly compressed to me, so I'd suggest dialing that way back for a more pleasing and natural sound. Good luck with this! Doug

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:43 am

Thank you Douglas for listening. I must admit I am not happy with the mix and have been trying to see what is wrong and how I can fix it. I will look at the compression as you suggested. Thanks again

DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:13 am
Hi J, nice work on this! However, the mix sounds overly compressed to me, so I'd suggest dialing that way back for a more pleasing and natural sound. Good luck with this! Doug

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:35 am

If you haven't dialed in heavy compression on each instrument (I hear it all over the mix) I suspect a final limiter on the master bus that is getting slammed hard.

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Thanks I do have a limiter and compressor on the master and will certainly take another listen. I appreciate the feedback and I am still trying to get the mix to sound polished and obviously having some trouble.

I do appreciate your feedback - thanks
AlanHall wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:35 am
If you haven't dialed in heavy compression on each instrument (I hear it all over the mix) I suspect a final limiter on the master bus that is getting slammed hard.

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Hi. - Here is a new cleaned up version . I remove the limited and add some live electric bass - appreciate feedback and thanks

Normal Speed
https://www.taxi.com/members/ZV1ixIagTW ... -my-guitar

Faster (via varispeed) as for a previous listing I was told this was a bit slow -
https://www.taxi.com/members/ZV1ixIagTW ... -guitar-v2