Advice from the pros

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Quarterredwing

Advice from the pros

Post by Quarterredwing » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:14 am

Hello Taxi folk,

I had a strange experience this week.

I finished and submitted a track to a listing close to deadline as life delayed my good intentions of submitting sooner.

I was happy with the submission and newbie that I am went about my day feeling pleased to have submitted a track I was proud of.

Happened to log in a few hours later and just thought I’d check my pending submission and noticed the edit function showing, which I thought would have disappeared had the deadline passed then I noticed that the track was submitted to an entirely different listing. I raised the question with taxi who managed to pull the track and refund the submission fee, but, the deadline for the intended call had ended.

I’ve tried to work backwards to understand how I submitted this to the wrong link, and can’t work out how it happened. I’d favourited the request and so just followed the link to submit.

Has anyone else had experience of this?.

I’m new to it and Mistakes happen and still trying to understand and implement my most efficient submission process.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Advice from the pros

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 am

Most likely, you accidentally scrolled before submitting to the favorited listing and submitted to a different one. One thing that's good to do is right after submitting, go to your pending submissions and check that all looks good. That gives you time to correct any mistake, be it your own or even a website glitch (though I haven't heard yet of a website glitch submitting to the wrong listing).

Sorry this happened for you. I know it's disappointing, especially after working hard to create something for a listing. On the up side, you have a new track that will be available for other opportunities.

Best,
:D Casey

Quarterredwing

Post by Quarterredwing » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:49 am

Casey H wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:58 am
Most likely, you accidentally scrolled before submitting to the favorited listing and submitted to a different one. One thing that's good to do is right after submitting, go to your pending submissions and check that all looks good. That gives you time to correct any mistake, be it your own or even a website glitch (though I haven't heard yet of a website glitch submitting to the wrong listing).

Sorry this happened for you. I know it's disappointing, especially after working hard to create something for a listing. On the up side, you have a new track that will be available for other opportunities.

Best,
:D Casey

Hello Casey,

Possibly, I’d rather know it’s not a common thing and it was my mistake so thank you for taking the time to reply. I did just that with todays submissions and will do in the future, all experience towards developing a submission process. I’m easily sidetracked in general and id like to have a process in place to keep me on track for deadlines.

Thanks again.

Bryan

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:03 am

I don't know if you do this but if you are interested in a listing you can always click on the" Favorite" button and when it comes to submitting you just click on the favorites and you will get an email notification that the listing deadline is coming up soon.

Yes many times I have gone to checkout but went back and double checked to see if I am submitting to the right listing.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:17 pm

Yes, I've done this before, but didn't notice until I received the review. The screener was very nice but it was clear my submission was way way off target :D :D
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Quarterredwing

Post by Quarterredwing » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:42 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:03 am
I don't know if you do this but if you are interested in a listing you can always click on the" Favorite" button and when it comes to submitting you just click on the favorites and you will get an email notification that the listing deadline is coming up soon.

Yes many times I have gone to checkout but went back and double checked to see if I am submitting to the right listing.
Hello hello,

Thanks, yes I did this….and still managed to mess it up!. It was only my third submission, so there’s a good chance I was being careless.

Thanks for replying. Means a lot to a greenie like me.

Quarterredwing

Post by Quarterredwing » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:48 pm

hummingbird wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:17 pm
Yes, I've done this before, but didn't notice until I received the review. The screener was very nice but it was clear my submission was way way off target :D :D
Hello Hummingbird, thanks :lol: it must be a funny life to be a screener. “I’m returning this submission because it’s a little heavy for original 1900 chamber music, however good try, your track ‘scandi rat metal’ had a good arc, lots of energy and beautiful use of the goat bladder.”

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:55 am

Years back, I remember reading about a situation where someone submitted the track to the wrong listing and got a forward! Or submitted the wrong track to the listing and got the forward. Anything and everything has happened. But don't try that at home, kiddies. :D

garagegods

Post by garagegods » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:44 pm

hummingbird wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:17 pm
don't worry there will be plenty of other opportunities, your doing pretty good if you made wrong submission and screener politely told you it was off target. I send mine to the right request and told i am way off target all the time :?

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Oh it was a while ago now - I mistakenly submitted a ghost-hunting cue to a listing looking for hip hop. I think the screener was a bit mystified :D :lol:
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website