"Remembering" (Emotional Piano Solo Instrumental) Revised

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"Remembering" (Emotional Piano Solo Instrumental) Revised

Post by johndalenow » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:29 am

Would love to hear comments. Thanks in advance!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

EMOTIONAL PIANO INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hard-working Music Library that's landing tons of placements in TV and Film.

NOTE: This Library is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to create a new, ongoing relationship for your music with an awesome company whose catalog you're probably not in, yet!

This Company is on the hunt for emotional Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Lost In Island" by Yiruma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIewioW_4mw

"Blazing" by Korey Banks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlABHrl0gFU

"At the Ivy Gate" by Brian Crain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axRT1mhm_3M

"Laetitia" by Ron Adelaar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMDLcANU-k

Please submit top-notch, original Instrumentals that feature piano as their ONLY instrumentation. Your submissions should evoke a strong emotional vibe and sound that could tug at listener's heartstrings. Captivating melodies and engaging arrangements that take listeners on a dynamic and heartfelt journey are a must. Your production should be polished and if you choose to use any virtual instruments or samples, they need to be high-quality and indistinguishable from the real thing.

TAXI Tip: Leaning on the more melancholy side of the emotional spectrum could give your pieces an added edge.

Your submissions should be roughly 2 to 3 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This client will likely want 30 and 60-second versions as well, so please have these on-hand and ready to send them within an hour if the client contacts you.

This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. The specific deal points will be handled directly with the company. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, December 6th, 2022. TAXI # S221206EM
Last edited by johndalenow on Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Re: "Remembering" (Emotional Piano Solo Instrumental)

Post by nicotina » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:35 pm

John,

I took a listen, and checked out the references.

I think you're on the right track with doing variations on a simple riff.

A couple things I noticed that could be improved:

1. noisy recording- is this a real piano with noisy damper pedal perhaps? But also something that sounds like tape noise? I would isolate some of those noises and then attempt to remove them with subtractive EQ. Or replay with different mic configuration that doesn't catch so much pedal noise?
2. not much dynamic variation in the performance. If this was midi, you could go redraw the velocity curve. But if it's real, you might want to re-record with a lighter touch. More dynamic variation will make it more emotional.
3. I sometimes I hear tempo variations that don't sound intentional. That is, it's OK to purposefully slow down at the very end of a phrase (rubato) as a deliberate effect. But sometimes it sounds accidental, like you just speed up/slow down randomly

So more work needed on performance/recording. But I like the simplicity and repetition, and I think it could work.

Best,

Vince

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: "Remembering" (Emotional Piano Solo Instrumental)

Post by johndalenow » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:49 pm

nicotina wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:35 pm
John,

I took a listen, and checked out the references.

I think you're on the right track with doing variations on a simple riff.

A couple things I noticed that could be improved:

1. noisy recording- is this a real piano with noisy damper pedal perhaps? But also something that sounds like tape noise? I would isolate some of those noises and then attempt to remove them with subtractive EQ. Or replay with different mic configuration that doesn't catch so much pedal noise?
2. not much dynamic variation in the performance. If this was midi, you could go redraw the velocity curve. But if it's real, you might want to re-record with a lighter touch. More dynamic variation will make it more emotional.
3. I sometimes I hear tempo variations that don't sound intentional. That is, it's OK to purposefully slow down at the very end of a phrase (rubato) as a deliberate effect. But sometimes it sounds accidental, like you just speed up/slow down randomly

So more work needed on performance/recording. But I like the simplicity and repetition, and I think it could work.

Best,

Vince
Thanks, brother. You make some good points. I will revisit the track and make adjustments.

Best!

John