Cue A B sections

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tselden

Cue A B sections

Post by tselden » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:28 am

There’s an orchestral HipHop listing for instrumental cues with a request for A and B section. Does anyone have an example I’d A B section cues? Something about different melody but same feel

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Cue A B sections

Post by hummingbird » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:55 am

If you go here - forwards-f2.html
and put 'hip hop' in the search field, you will find quite a few hip hop forwards, often with the listing text included. Should be some examples there ;)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Cue A B sections

Post by OwenGrech » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:27 am

tselden wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:28 am
There’s an orchestral HipHop listing for instrumental cues with a request for A and B section. Does anyone have an example I’d A B section cues? Something about different melody but same feel
As hummingbird mentioned, the forwards blog is a great learning source in general.
If I can help by being more specific I can share with you a recently forwarded Hip Hop track I did (not orchestral but had some orchestral elements)

https://www.taxi.com/members/Lpq3GneFQ4 ... ld-trigger

The B section in this case is from 00:52 to 1:09. All other parts are variations/buildups of the A section.
You can also think of the B section as a variation on the A section as well but it has to be different enough to stand out on it's own.
In this case I am just holding the root chord, changing the rhythm/accents and adding the orchestral bits building tension for the final release.
I also did a short intro for this section as I felt it worked well.
It can be as simple as putting in a different chord progression - whatever works for the track. (stick to the same key though at least for production music).

Hope this helps in letting you know what to look for when comparing different examples.

Best of luck!
Owen