We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Feedback Request: Modern Pop Rock Instrumental Cue

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Hey all,

I'd appreciate any feedback on this track for the listing below: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... nlit-night

Am I leaning too much into the rock side of the the spectrum? Does the synth patch work?

I was primarily referencing "How Do You Love Somebody" by Why Don't We

Thanks a lot,
Doug

--------------------------------------------------------

A LOT of MODERN POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

They're on the hunt for LOTS of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo

"she's all i wanna be" by Tate McRae

"How Do You Love Somebody" by Why Don't We https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1wuNuyujk

"Speed" by FITZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-K_4dos1w

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit current-sounding Pop/Rock Instrumentals (or Cues) that are bursting with tons of great energy. Your submissions should have driving guitars, energetic rhythms, catchy motifs, and plenty of mainstream appeal. Your instrumentation and arrangements should fall in the general ballpark of the references – and please lean more on the Pop side of the spectrum, rather than Rock, for this pitch. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central theme and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward motion. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and cutting-edge.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback Request: Modern Pop Rock Instrumental Cue

Post by johndalenow » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:44 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:45 pm
Hey all,

I'd appreciate any feedback on this track for the listing below: https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... nlit-night

Am I leaning too much into the rock side of the the spectrum? Does the synth patch work?

Thanks a lot,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Not my genre of interest. That said, it seems to emulate "How Do You Love Somebody" rather well. I noticed a note timing glitch at 29 sec.. With a little more work you could arrive at a more interesting ending, maybe. Overall, it seems to fit the genre. Fingers crossed!

John

--------------------------------------------------------

A LOT of MODERN POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

They're on the hunt for LOTS of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (or Cues) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"good 4 u" by Olivia Rodrigo

"she's all i wanna be" by Tate McRae

"How Do You Love Somebody" by Why Don't We https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1wuNuyujk

"Speed" by FITZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-K_4dos1w

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit current-sounding Pop/Rock Instrumentals (or Cues) that are bursting with tons of great energy. Your submissions should have driving guitars, energetic rhythms, catchy motifs, and plenty of mainstream appeal. Your instrumentation and arrangements should fall in the general ballpark of the references – and please lean more on the Pop side of the spectrum, rather than Rock, for this pitch. We recommend crafting your pieces around a central theme and layering instrumentation in and out as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and forward motion. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and cutting-edge.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:35 pm

johndalenow wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:44 pm
DouglasKnight wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:45 pm
Hey all,

Thanks a lot,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Not my genre of interest. That said, it seems to emulate "How Do You Love Somebody" rather well. I noticed a note timing glitch at 29 sec.. With a little more work you could arrive at a more interesting ending, maybe. Overall, it seems to fit the genre. Fingers crossed!

John

Hey John, Thanks for listening and for your feedback! I will check out that note at :29 -- I think it's a noise gate opening that shouldn't... Also, will revisit the ending to see what I can do. Thanks again!
Doug

PaulyB
Active
Active

Post by PaulyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Hey Douglas. Nice track! I think you've got it sounding pop/rock - it's not too Rock. After all, the vocals in the references contribute a lot to making it lean "pop." Two things I hear that you might want to play with: the guitars in the ref cues have a heavy "chug" feel (heavier palm-mutes & lower voicing/key too). And I like your synth idea. You might test a more washed-out, less punctuated sound - and also lower in the mix. Check out the synth in the ref cue "She's All I wanna be" at around the 1:50 mark. But you've got a really good cue there! ~ Paul

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:53 am

PaulyB wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:32 pm
Hey Douglas. Nice track! I think you've got it sounding pop/rock - it's not too Rock. After all, the vocals in the references contribute a lot to making it lean "pop." Two things I hear that you might want to play with: the guitars in the ref cues have a heavy "chug" feel (heavier palm-mutes & lower voicing/key too). And I like your synth idea. You might test a more washed-out, less punctuated sound - and also lower in the mix. Check out the synth in the ref cue "She's All I wanna be" at around the 1:50 mark. But you've got a really good cue there! ~ Paul
Thanks so much for listening and for your suggestions, Paul. I will give that synth a listen. I appreciate the encouragement! Doug