Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MichaelBears

S221210JZ Lots of Contemporary Jazz Instrumentals

Post by MichaelBears » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:24 am

Good morning,

I'd love to get some experienced takes on this listing:

https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S221210JZ

The references span a wide, wide range. The first is a very slow, ballad-like thing, featuring super breathy tenor playing. Then, the second reference presents a buzzing, syncopated funkier tune with whispery vocals. From just those two tracks, a massive range of styles is already outlined. This listing does say "WIDE RANGE" so maybe this is one of those places where.......try it and see? Also don't want to burn $5 bills for fun :-)

How do folks interpret and approach listings like this? Appreciate any wise interpreters.

Thanks!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: S221210JZ Lots of Contemporary Jazz Instrumentals

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:31 pm

In most cases I'd suggest triangulating between the 3 ref tracks to identify the common elements that are probably most important to include in your submissions. However, in this case I think there are enough clues to tell you that they're open to anything covered by the listing text....

"We're looking for 'modern' jazz in a variety of styles including (but not limited to) acid jazz and experimental. Tracks can range in mood and be soulful, happy, sexy, beach-y, etc. They can also range in style and have grooving beats, cool synths, saxophones, upright bass, electric guitar, piano, etc."

Please send well-composed Jazz Instrumentals in a variety of modern styles that could work well for various TV and Film placements. Your submissions can range in style and moodfrom smooth and sexy piano arrangement that you might hear in a fancy restaurant to more grooving funk-influenced tracks that could be heard in a cool hotel to just about anywhere in between!

I'd say that's a pretty wide open brief :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

chlady

Post by chlady » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:50 pm

I was a little confused by this one as well since the example tracks 1 & 3 aren't really contemporary at all compared to what the the brief said and track 2 ?

We're looking for 'modern' jazz in a variety of styles including (but not limited to) acid jazz and experimental.

chlady

Post by chlady » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:14 pm

I was confused by this brief as well since the example tracks 1 and 3 are pretty old school mainstream not very contemporary. #2 obviously is .