Pop music listing feedback S221221YS

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Otis12062002
Active
Active

Pop music listing feedback S221221YS

Post by Otis12062002 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:47 am

Feedback was “Too repetitive and no developmental arc” which I agree.

How would you guys alter the melody? Even though The listing said a singular central motif?
Had a few old school hip hop forwards so coming from a hip hop background I knew it may be too repetitive for pop.

https://www.taxi.com/members/qVnwNDuTTi ... galaxy-hop

Feedback: I like this. It's very catchy and works style and groove wise. But it's a bit too repetitive. Feels like three / four loops stitched together with just subtle variation and layering. Needs a bit more development.

I returned or forwarded this song because

Could have a better developmental "arc."

Listing: MODERN POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES with HIP-HOP/TRAP/R&B/FUNK INFLUENCE are needed by an excellent Music Library for placements in TV, Film, and Advertising.

This Library is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"I Like You (A Happier Song)" by Post Malone feat. Doja Cat

"Love Of Your Life" by RAYE

"UNBOUND" by MICHELLE - Austin Millz Remix

"Levitating" by Dua Lipa

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumental Cues only for this request.

Please send top-notch Pop Instrumental Cues with some Hip-Hop, Trap, R&B, and/or Funk influence that could work well for various TV and Film placements. Hooky motifs, thumping bass lines, engaging grooves, and polished production are all needed for this request. Modern Pop instrumentation that draws in elements of the other genres mentioned above and falls in the general ballpark of the references will work best for this request. The ideal tempo range for this pitch is 94 - 114 BPM. We recommend to craft your Cues around a singular motif and create a sense of forward momentum, dynamics, and interest by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Please be sure any virtual sounds or samples you use are high-quality and fresh, as well.

Your submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes in length, give or take. Well-formatted Instrumental Cues with proper sections, edit points, transitions, and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Pop music listing feedback S221221YS

Post by eandersonmusic » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:53 am

Hey Otis!
Man I love the vibe and mood of this track.. it's got a feel-good summertime reminiscent feel, and that melody is gonna be stuck in my head for a while! All the parts work together to perfectly create that mood, great job with that.

It is a bit too repetitive though, as you know. Think about some 90's hiphop, whereas they would have the same loop going throughout the song, but they would filter out the high end for 8 bars or whatever, thus creating a bit of dynamics. But mainly it needs a few more parts, again draw from your 90s hiphop background.. verses would break down to just the bass line, a steady 8th note pattern of a single piano note would come in to help fill the sound and again add more subtle dynamics. Build upon these ideas and take what I'm saying even further.

Hope this helps!
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA