Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

FredGuggenberger

Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Post by FredGuggenberger » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:34 pm

Hello guys,

today I got a nice offer about a huge discount on IK Multimedias Total Studio 5 Max, which includes the Orchestra Library "Miroslav Philharmonik 2".

The Orchestra sounds I actually use are sounding "dated" and it would be good to have something that fits into today's standards. Since "Philharmonik 2" is from 2016 I am not sure about it. I don´t create huge orchestral scores but I love to add orchestral instruments to a piano track or maybe put some of them together in one piece of music without having 80 tracks in the end. Sometimes it´s only about having a Cello or a string section.

Anybody here who knows that sound library and how it fits into today's world of production music? Any help is really appreciated. Thank you!

Best wishes:
Fred

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Post by superkons » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:51 am

You may want to try the BBC Discover product, which is free and behaves better than MP2. Sure, Discover does not have all the functionalities of the Core and Pro versions, but for the minimal use of orchestral instruments you make, I believe it will suit you well
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

FredGuggenberger

Post by FredGuggenberger » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:18 pm

superkons wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:51 am
You may want to try the BBC Discover product, which is free and behaves better than MP2. Sure, Discover does not have all the functionalities of the Core and Pro versions, but for the minimal use of orchestral instruments you make, I believe it will suit you well
Thank you!!

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:17 am

FredGuggenberger wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:18 pm
superkons wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:51 am
Thank you!!
You are welcome :)
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:03 pm

I really like Miroslav Philharmonik 2. I just used it today working on a track for a listing-- It wasn't an orchestral type listing; I just needed a few measures of an orchestral sound to pop into a track but it sounded great. Some say they find it dated because it's a few years old, but there's something about the sound of this library that I find inspiring. I like the string quartets in it quite a bit. I haven't gone super in depth with some of the stuff it can do, but there's a lot of cool features. It would be great if they come out with a Miroslav 3 at some point in the near future, but I get a lot of use out of 2. I'm not super into advanced orchestration, but it works whenever I need an orchestra. I also just find it fun to "noodle" with-- to just sit at the keys and come up with orchestral cinematic pieces.

That IK Total Studio Max 3.5 sale is a good one. So much great stuff in there for a small price. I intially bought the Total Studio Max for the Amplitube guitar stuff, but love and use everything else that comes with it-- the T-Racks, SampleTank, Syntronik 2, Mixbox, Miroslav, Lurssen Mastering Console (great for a super quick master of works in progress), MODO Drum/Bass, Sampletron 2, Hammond B3 etc.

I have the free Spitfire Discover one too and it's worth having too.