How to hire a performer?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DolfoMan
Active
Active

How to hire a performer?

Post by DolfoMan » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:55 am

Hello,
New to the forums and taxi, this question is probably answered somewhere here but my initial search didn't come up with anyone.

What legal paperwork should get when hiring a musician to play on a cue of mine? (specifically a vocalist) I've heard some talk about contracts that make it clear that the musician is only paid for the initial recording performance and not the royalties that would come from a placement. Are there templates or pre-made contracts out there that you would recommend, steps taken to make sure everything is on the up and up, really anything that should be handled to make sure everything is covered and there are no headaches later on in the process?

thank you all,

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: How to hire a performer?

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Search on 'Work For Hire' or 'WFH'
For example....
guest-musicians-t149545.html
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

DolfoMan
Active
Active

Post by DolfoMan » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:07 pm

Thanks!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:20 pm

DolfoMan wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:55 am
Hello,
New to the forums and taxi, this question is probably answered somewhere here but my initial search didn't come up with anyone.

What legal paperwork should get when hiring a musician to play on a cue of mine? (specifically a vocalist) I've heard some talk about contracts that make it clear that the musician is only paid for the initial recording performance and not the royalties that would come from a placement. Are there templates or pre-made contracts out there that you would recommend, steps taken to make sure everything is on the up and up, really anything that should be handled to make sure everything is covered and there are no headaches later on in the process?

thank you all,
If you need a work for hire agreement template, feel free to drop me a PM.

Best,
:-) Casey