does my composition work for this listing?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

StevenE

does my composition work for this listing?

Post by StevenE » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi All
I am new to forum and have not posted much.
Looking for constructive comments on my potential submission for the "sentimental guitar" listing below.

My recording is just a first sketch not a finished recording.

https://soundcloud.com/user-168761198/t ... al_sharing

My question is, does my composition work for the listing?
Any additional comments appreciated
Thanks for any reply.

StevenE

SENTIMENTAL GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

This Library is on the lookout for several Instrumentals (or Cues) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

Undercover Boss (from 2:02 - 2:25)
https://youtu.be/LQlcBdXnmX8

Undercover Boss (from 0:56 - 1:46)
https://youtu.be/qtXrs0ZqX6w

Undercover Boss (from 2:56 - 3:35)

Undercover Boss (from 1:50 - 2:26)

Please send them well-composed Guitar-based Instrumentals (or Cues) that could help add emotional impact to a sentimental scene in Reality TV shows like Undercover Boss. Your submissions should have soothing motifs, solid arrangements, and plenty of dynamics, forward motion, and interest. Acoustic or electric guitar-based instrumentation in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best for this request. Incorporating some additional instrumentation like strings or pads could work as well, just be sure the additional production is used minimally and the guitar is the focal element. Your production should be polished and any virtual sounds or samples you use need to be high-quality and fresh.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

TAXI Tip: This Library is looking for a LOT of material in this genre, so if this style is your forte, go ahead and submit multiple pieces to this listing!

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals or Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals or Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 8th, 2023. TAXI # S230208AR
Last edited by StevenE on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: does my composition work for this listing?

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:20 pm

StevenE wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:17 pm
Hi All
I am new to forum and have not posted much.
Looking for constructive comments on my potential submission for the "sentimental guitar" listing below.

My recording is just a first sketch not a finished recording.

https://soundcloud.com/user-168761198/t ... al_sharing

My question is, does my composition work for the listing?
Any additional comments appreciated
Thanks for any reply.

StevenE

SENTIMENTAL GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

This Library is on the lookout for several Instrumentals (or Cues) in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

Undercover Boss (from 2:02 - 2:25)

Undercover Boss (from 0:56 - 1:46)

Undercover Boss (from 2:56 - 3:35)

Undercover Boss (from 1:50 - 2:26)

Please send them well-composed Guitar-based Instrumentals (or Cues) that could help add emotional impact to a sentimental scene in Reality TV shows like Undercover Boss. Your submissions should have soothing motifs, solid arrangements, and plenty of dynamics, forward motion, and interest. Acoustic or electric guitar-based instrumentation in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best for this request. Incorporating some additional instrumentation like strings or pads could work as well, just be sure the additional production is used minimally and the guitar is the focal element. Your production should be polished and any virtual sounds or samples you use need to be high-quality and fresh.

Your submissions should be roughly 90 Seconds long for Cues, and about 2 to 4 minutes long for Instrumentals, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

TAXI Tip: This Library is looking for a LOT of material in this genre, so if this style is your forte, go ahead and submit multiple pieces to this listing!

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals or Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals or Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 8th, 2023. TAXI # S230208AR
Steve,

If you take the time to list the links of the references you may receive more responses. Just sayin'

Best,

John

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:50 am

Hi Steven

I like your composition a lot. Nice playing, nice tone. I think though, for a cue like that, it's too busy. For this listing, you need to create an atmosphere, a bed that works well as a background for speech. Your piece would work 100% as a solo for a concert. Think more of laying down a mood and gluing it together with some pads. Really listen closely to the references and emulate them. Like that you have the best chance to be forwarded. I'm a guitar player myself and it took me a while to tame my desire to show what I can do. But the more I'm writing for listings the simpler my guitar playing has become and it works!

Good luck with your music!

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 am

melodea wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:50 am
Hi Steven

I like your composition a lot. Nice playing, nice tone. I think though, for a cue like that, it's too busy. For this listing, you need to create an atmosphere, a bed that works well as a background for speech. Your piece would work 100% as a solo for a concert. Think more of laying down a mood and gluing it together with some pads. Really listen closely to the references and emulate them. Like that you have the best chance to be forwarded. I'm a guitar player myself and it took me a while to tame my desire to show what I can do. But the more I'm writing for listings the simpler my guitar playing has become and it works!

Good luck with your music!

Chris
I agree. It's very pretty and well played but not quite right for this listing, too busy. Listen carefully to the first reference track (2:02-2:25) in that video. That's the kind of sound you're going for. You got the chops, go make this happen!

:-) Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:41 am

Yeah nice playing , I agree with the guys it's got too much going on - this stuff needs to sit in the background a stay outta the way.

The other thing is the sound you have captured there is nice & full sounding but I think it's too strong for this listing. A gentler playing style with more of an ambient sound rather than close Mic or DI would work better...we need to feel further away from the source so it's more of a supporting role than being upfront in our face.

Mark