It's starting to click

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Nonzo

It's starting to click

Post by Nonzo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:42 am

Hey,

just been about since November 2022 on TAXI's board, definitely a new kid on the block ;).
Based on what I even read so far from more experienced members and by my own little experience,
I can really tell the best tip EVER is focus on your ballpark !,
meaning do that in what you are good in.

Out of 9 submissions so far got 4 forwards, if that's bad or good is ofc subjective but what I got out of this so far is:
Read the description and reference tracks to a T EVEN WHILE PRODUCING and don't play yourself producing in a field you kinda feel uncomfortable
UNLESS THAT'S YOUR THING & YOU FUNCTION LIKE THAT :lol:

So I just got 2 tracks forwarded now for 1 listing... I'm just saying :)
But feel free to let us know about your sincere experience, cheers :D !

Here's the listing:
#S230118HH

Here the tracks:

Highlights @prod.nonzo

Diggin the crates@prod.nonzo

eandersonmusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: It's starting to click

Post by eandersonmusic » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:29 am

Nonzo-
What up man?!? Great tracks! Did that Highlights track get used? Either way, congrats on the forwards.
And yes focus on what genre/style you know best, but you may want to branch out and try a few others genres.. like I had no idea I would be successful with orchestral compositions, but besides lofi and 90s hip hop, that's my leading genre.
It's good that you get it, you know how to read the briefs, you stay focused.. these can be big issues for a lot of us.
Great job so far, keep em coming!
Peace,
Erik
Erik Anderson ~ Composer, Producer and Musician
Website • https://www.eandersonmusic.com
Taxi page • https://www.taxi.com/members/erikanderson
Spotify • https://open.spotify.com/artist/78FpvfK ... 0MClpl1zqA

Nonzo

Re: It's starting to click

Post by Nonzo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:24 pm

eandersonmusic wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:29 am
Nonzo-
What up man?!? Great tracks! Did that Highlights track get used? Either way, congrats on the forwards.
And yes focus on what genre/style you know best, but you may want to branch out and try a few others genres.. like I had no idea I would be successful with orchestral compositions, but besides lofi and 90s hip hop, that's my leading genre.
It's good that you get it, you know how to read the briefs, you stay focused.. these can be big issues for a lot of us.
Great job so far, keep em coming!
Peace,
Erik
what's good eanderson,

you got a solid catalog and apparently gained some valuable experience,
therefore i appreciate sharing some of your experience, even more !

Most definitely I need to step up my game ofc and stretching a bit the range of listings I can participate in, there's definitely something to consider about.
Just received the listing results today, so we'll see if that Highlights track get used :?
I guess it could appear for some people a lil bit unconventional... cross fingers, hope the best it'll perceived in the good way to actually stick out :)

Greatly appreciate your reply, and keep it clickin !
Peace out
--
Nonzo