What do you think of my first ever real song?

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wild1man1chris
Active
Active

What do you think of my first ever real song?

Post by wild1man1chris » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:36 am

https://wild-man-chris.disco.ac/playlis ... 3ATpUCiLPf

My alternative punk rock song

Honest feedback, please, thx, Wild Man Chris

https://wildmanchris200.locals.com/upos ... ginal-song
Last edited by wild1man1chris on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What do you think of my first ever real song?

Post by VanderBoegh » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:05 am

This is the best I've ever heard this song, Chris, and I've been watching your journey with this song for a number of years now. Sounds like you finally found someone to produce it well. Congrats!

Vocals do sound a bit "boxy" though.... I'm wondering if you recorded on a sub-par microphone, or in a bad space? I think another rip through those vocals with a good mic in a good room will really make the overall sound shine more. Love the attitude of your vocal though. I can tell you really put everything you had into it. BABY PUNCH MY FACE!!!

P.S. I don't think I'd call it "alternative punk rock" though. With this treatment, it just sounds more like aggressive hard rock.

~~Matt

wild1man1chris
Active
Active

Post by wild1man1chris » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:24 pm

VanderBoegh wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:05 am
This is the best I've ever heard this song, Chris, and I've been watching your journey with this song for a number of years now. Sounds like you finally found someone to produce it well. Congrats!

Vocals do sound a bit "boxy" though.... I'm wondering if you recorded on a sub-par microphone, or in a bad space? I think another rip through those vocals with a good mic in a good room will really make the overall sound shine more. Love the attitude of your vocal though. I can tell you really put everything you had into it. BABY PUNCH MY FACE!!!

P.S. I don't think I'd call it "alternative punk rock" though. With this treatment, it just sounds more like aggressive hard rock.

~~Matt
Thank you, Matt!!! :) :) :) Can't wait to start working on other songs. I can finally retire BABY PUNCH My Face.

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:53 pm

I heard the original of this song a few years ago--and back then for some reason found myself at work shouting "Baby, punch my face!" to some of my coworkers, when I needed a laugh. They got into the habit of shouting it too and it became one of those running jokes/workplace memes we had.

I like this mix a lot better than the previous versions. The non-chorus parts are a lot more coherent.

wild1man1chris
Active
Active

Post by wild1man1chris » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Ted wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:53 pm
I heard the original of this song a few years ago--and back then for some reason found myself at work shouting "Baby, punch my face!" to some of my coworkers, when I needed a laugh. They got into the habit of shouting it too and it became one of those running jokes/workplace memes we had.

I like this mix a lot better than the previous versions. The non-chorus parts are a lot more coherent.
Thanks. :lol:
I hired a producer who whipped my song into shape. Shout out to Danielle Taylor and the guitarist she hired. (Hank)

wild1man1chris
Active
Active

Post by wild1man1chris » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:04 pm

DELETED!
Last edited by wild1man1chris on Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:06 pm

I remember when this was played in the big room at the Rally. The room was electric.

The track was always raw, unique, and energetic. It's mix is now improved to make it even better.

Congrats Wild Man.

wild1man1chris
Active
Active

Post by wild1man1chris » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:51 pm

johnnyrowing wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:06 pm
I remember when this was played in the big room at the Rally. The room was electric.

The track was always raw, unique, and energetic. It's mix is now improved to make it even better.

Congrats Wild Man.
Thank you. I remember that night. :)

youngcoconut

Post by youngcoconut » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm

I dig it. I'd be interested to hear a whole album like this. Do you really want your face punched or it's a metaphor? :D

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:41 am

I am SO DISAPPOINTED by the lack of support and comradery here. :evil:

Before Obama was President there was lots of support up here. What the hell happened? 123 f@#$ing views of my post, but almost NO F@#$ING feedback?
Geez, has America lost all its love in this economically utterly miserable country?

INDIFFERENCE IS THE GREATEST FORM OF HATRED!!!
You’ve brought me out of retirement!

Nearly all your posts are about yourself or your song.
You are a star in your own bath time dude. Get a life and think about other people for a change.