Heartfelt Piano based instrumentals

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tunesmith1

Heartfelt Piano based instrumentals

Post by Tunesmith1 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:44 am

Hi,
I can't decide whether to submit the piano solo version: https://soundcloud.com/user-275194611/gliding-high
or the version with some orchestral instruments: https://soundcloud.com/user-275194611/g ... al_sharing
to the listing below.
Is the piano sound ok do you think?
Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas very welcome,
Matt

HEARTFELT, PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL NEW AGE ARTISTS or COMPOSERS are needed by an eclectic Independent Record Label that’s eagerly looking for fresh, new talent to sign to its roster.

This Label is searching for Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

"River Flows in You" by Yiruma

"All That Is Left" by Fiona Joy Hawkins

"Starry Night" by Jordan Critz

Please submit well-composed New Age Instrumentals that feature Piano as their principal instrument and evoke a stirring, heartfelt vibe and feel. Your submissions should have entrancing melodies, excellent musicianship, and compelling arrangements that can include some additional instruments (as long as the piano remains the focus). Please be sure your production is polished and any and all virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and contemporary – nothing stiff, dated, or synthetic sounding will work for this request.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Heartfelt Piano based instrumentals

Post by Casey H » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:53 am

Assuming you get good feedback here on the piano sound, why not submit both? The other instruments in the multi mix are pretty low in the mix though. Very pretty stuff.

I don't have the right expertise regarding the piano sound, but others here can help. My gut tells me it doesn't sound like natural playing- every note has the same "quality" about it with no human variation as far as hitting the keys. HUGE grain of salt, there!

:D Casey

Tunesmith1

Post by Tunesmith1 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:59 am

Thanks Casey, I think I might because I can't really decide. I have other tunes too though. I'm worried about taking the atmosphere out of the piano so tend to mix the other instruments very low - too low perhaps? Matt

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 pm

Another reason to submit both: The listing actually recommends that you "submit TWO or THREE Instrumentals per submission so they can see if you’ve got depth in your material."

===
Michael