Tweaking your own cue (S230406DJ)

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DolfoMan
Active
Active

Tweaking your own cue (S230406DJ)

Post by DolfoMan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:51 pm

So this morning TAXI posted listing S230406DJ for Fun, Funky instrumental cues with horns. It looks like exactly the same as the fun, funky instrumentals cue WITHOUT horns they listed a few weeks ago. I imagine it's the same library looking for some variation. Even one of the tracks listed as an example (the same one I used) is reused with a horns version in the new listing. So I guess my question is is it kosher to take the track I submitted for the "without horns" listing (which was forwarded), tweak it a little bit by adding a horn section, and submit that? I figure I'd have to add something in the title to show it as being a different version, but I just want to make sure that's kosher here with it being a new listing and all.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Tweaking your own cue (S230406DJ)

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:30 am

If the track isn't signed exclusively to anyone, you can do whatever you like. However, if you do suspect it's the same company, and the original track was already forwarded, then I suggest writing a new track with horns so they can see how versatile you are. JMHO
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website