Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

admin
Site Admin

Forward This or Not on Monday's TAXI TV - 4pm Pacific Time

Post by admin » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:50 pm

You're in the TAXI A&R Hot Seat:
Would You Forward This Music or Not?

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSF_CbONaI

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) / 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Artists, and Composers,

Our viewers have always loved our "A&R Hot Seat" episodes! Here's why: by judging music to see if their opinions line up with TAXI's A&R staff, our members get to fine tune their "industry ears." They LOVE how it helps them listen to their own music more critically!

Members have also told me that these episodes build confidence in TAXI's A&R team when they see that the screeners' decisions are very much on-target!

Here's the Listing we're going to be listening for...
CONTEMPORARY FOLK-POP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a prestigious International Music Publishing and Licensing Company that's doing a major expansion of their catalogue!

NOTE: This Library is FAIRLY NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to create a new relationship for your music with a very highly-regarded company! Trust us, this is a catalog you want to be in!

This Company is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Stick Season" by Noah Kahan

"The Worst Of You" by PJ Harding & Noah Cyrus

"Sweet Ever After" by Ellie Holcomb feat. Bear Rinehart

Please send them well-crafted Folk-Pop Songs with captivating melodies, honest lyrics, and memorable hooks that could work well for a variety of sync placements. Your submissions should have engaging rhythms, contemporary Folk-Pop instrumentation in the general wheelhouse of the examples, and acoustic-based arrangements that seamlessly blends Folk and Pop elements. Your productions and any virtual instruments or sounds you may choose to use need to be high-quality and not dated-sounding. Expressive, well-performed vocals are a must, as well!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

NOTE: The bar will be high for this request. Please send your very best!

This Company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE deal. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD. Please include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Monday, March 6th, 2023. TAXI # S230306FP

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSF_CbONaI

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…
You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7pm Eastern (EDT) / 6pm Central (CDT) / 4pm Pacific (PDT) / 12am London (GMT) / 11am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael

SteveR
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Forward This or Not on Monday's TAXI TV - 4pm Pacific Time

Post by SteveR » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:04 am

Because of where I live, the live TAXI TV is 4am, so I watch the replays on YT. This was another great episode. I’m not really a Folk fan, but some of the songs were amazing. I could easily become a fan after what I heard. I love most music tbh… Not enough hours in the day! I was with most of our members on the +1 or +2, which didn’t always coincide with the screener. That goes to show the decision isn’t based on personal appreciation, but rather the brief! I’m a rookie in this business so I’ve been acquainted with some of those mistakes! Anyway, just posting to show appreciation for the show, and the artists. 8-)