5 Common Microphone Mistakes You Might Be Making

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

5 Common Microphone Mistakes You Might Be Making

Post by TAXILIZ » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am

Stop Making These 5 Common Microphone Mistakes on This Week's TAXI TV!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMQnvSVwY_k

7 pm Eastern (EDT) / 6 pm Central (CDT) / 4 pm Pacific (PDT) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Artists, and Composers,

If you’re reading this, you probably own a home studio and record your own music. You also want it to sound “pro,” like your favorite artists and records, but it doesn’t!

You’ve tried the latest plug-ins, outboard gear, and mixing tips from YouTube videos. You bought new monitors. You’ve added acoustic treatments to your room. And your recordings still don’t have that professional sound. Frustrating, isn’t it?

While we don’t have enough time in this week’s episode to solve every problem you might be having, we do have enough time to solve some problems you have recording vocals and organic instruments. And most of those problems start with common microphone mistakes.

If you think your biggest mistake was not buying a $3,500 Neumann U87, consider this: Bon Iver’s hit album, Emma, Forever Ago, was recorded using a single, $99 Shure SM57 and a beat-up, old Sears catalog acoustic guitar that sounded like it looked.

I love microphones and classic outboard gear more than the average person. I learned the craft of audio from some of the best engineers and producers in the business at the time. Some of them are considered legends, and I’m going to teach you some of the mic. techniques I learned from them.

I’m going to show you how to get great sounds and how to stop making mistakes with your microphones! Join me for this episode of TAXI TV, and you’ll be a few steps closer to making better-sounding recordings.

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMQnvSVwY_k

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…

You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EDT) / 6 pm Central (CDT) / 4 pm Pacific (PDT) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,

Michael