Feedback requested for listing #S230328HY

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

smelterbox
Active
Active

Feedback requested for listing #S230328HY

Post by smelterbox » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:56 pm

Hello - it has been awhile since I've been around - :)

Thinking of submitting a few to this listing:

EPIC HYBRID DRUMS/PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTALS are needed for TV Commercials by a top-notch Production Music Library that's landed tons of placements in TV Shows, Films, and Commercials.

NOTE: This Library is BRAND NEW to requesting music from TAXI, so this is a great opportunity to create a new relationship for you and your music with an award-winning Company!

This Library is looking for a wide range of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could be heard on a playlist with the following references:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Secession" by Mattia Turzo

"Black Skinhead" by Kanye West

Google Play Commercial

Although one of the references has vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please submit well-produced Drums/Percussion Instrumentals exploding with tons of epic, hard-hitting energy that could work well for impactful TV commercials! Your submissions should have captivating rhythms, solid arrangements with plenty of dynamics and forward motion, and engaging percussion-based hybrid instrumentation – think huge drum hits, beats, etc. combined with Electronic, Sound Design, or Orchestral elements. Please be sure your production and any virtual sounds or samples you choose to use are state-of-the-art and cutting-edge. If you have tracks that could excite viewers about whatever is being advertised, send them in!

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 3 minutes long, give or take. Clean beginnings and Non-Faded, buttoned endings are required so that no extra editing work is needed on the client’s side to make the piece work in a project. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Sooooo....would enjoy hearing some input on whether I should even submit these:

https://www.taxi.com/members/TvY0SeWiTj ... e-of-this-

https://www.taxi.com/members/TvY0SeWiTj ... hat-thing-

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen. Hope everyone is well.

Kevin

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Feedback requested for listing #S230328HY

Post by edmondredd » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:29 pm

Hey Kevin,
it's always tricky to find the right balance with per only track, but overall I would say you have a solid foundation.
.You want some of this:
I would personally remove the 4 down beats that you used for the into, and would start my cue with the roll that you have around the 0:26 mark. I'd also add more variety, never repeating the 4 bars the same way (unless there's a percussive progression happening), and would definitely look into having a bit more of a structure. Say 3 levels of intensity, the first being the lowest. Another thing that is also valid for both tracks, try to incorporate breaks from time to time. Other than that, I found the pad (or whatever the sound is) in this one a bit on the disturbing side of things
. Where I'd put that thing:
Right off the hook, this metallic triangle catches the ear, but IMO, don't over do it. Remove it, and give room to other instruments to "perform". Also, not having a solid bass drum made me feel not grounded at all. Maybe add something to it?
Those are my top of mind comments, take them with a grain of salt, as I mentioned earlier it's very tricky to get the right amount without being repetitive
Cheers
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

smelterbox
Active
Active

Post by smelterbox » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:19 pm

Perfect. Thanks much! :D

nicorivers

Post by nicorivers » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 pm

Hey Kevin,

The things I hear that are missing are dynamics and epic-ness. The brief specifically asks for "percussion-based hybrid instrumentation – think huge drum hits, beats, etc. combined with Electronic, Sound Design, or Orchestral elements" and highly dynamic pieces. Your tracks have cool grooves, but they pretty much start at one level of energy and remain there throughout. You can easily do these two things by starting smaller, or building bigger with hard-hitting epic perc and some big hits, risers, etc.

smelterbox
Active
Active

Post by smelterbox » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Thanks, Nico -

I am still new to having to work under a deadline and I think that has been giving me a bit of tunnel vision - trying to get it DONE rather than getting it done as well as getting it RIGHT. :roll: I had some fun doing them and take the feedback into consideration. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks for the review.

kev