Americana Forward - Celebration! - Done Gone Down to Death

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Americana Forward - Celebration! - Done Gone Down to Death

Post by johnnyrowing » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:44 pm

Americana Forward
Well, I am thrilled to report (words fall short) that I received a forward for the recent Americana listing. #S230215ER
I will copy/paste the listing narrative below.

It was for my track called "Done Gone Down to Death". I'll link that below too. :) I would really appreciate some positive thoughts/vibes/prayers/etc. from ya'll. I sure could use some encouragement and a library contact - been at this for a bit. I'm sure many of you know EXACTLY how it feels. :)

Plus, I want to celebrate because Americana is my thing and - thus far - this is my first track to be forwarded by #374 that Casey describes as lenient. I need to borrow some Casey mojo - seriously. :) So, a forward - at all - ever - brightens my day. A forward from #374! Well, it's an honor.

Here's to hope and growth.

Done Gone Down to Death Link
https://www.taxi.com/members/Ef77nz5GSm ... n-to-death

Listing Description and Link
https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S230215ER
MODERN AMERICANA SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a LEGENDARY Major Music Library with tons of top-notch placements in TV Commercials, Hit TV shows, and Feature Films.

This Company is searching high and low for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs the general wheelhouse of the following references:

"You and Me On The Rock" by Brandi Carlile

"Leave This Town" by Tim Kelly

"Take the Journey" by Molly Tuttle

Please submit modern Americana Songs with memorable melodies, engaging hooks, and compelling, well-performed vocals that could work well for placements in TV shows or Films. Instrumentation in the general ballpark of the references will suit your submissions best – think acoustic and/or electric guitars, organic drums, bass, etc. Please be sure your production is polished and any virtual instruments or sounds you use are high-quality and not dated-sounding, as well.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT: Artists/writers and Songs must be published and affiliated with a PRO like ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SACEM, IMRO, APRA AMCOS, SOCAN (including all Scandinavian and Latin American PROs) to be eligible to submit for this opportunity.

This Company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE 3-year representation deal. You'll split any sync fees 50/50. You will also KEEP 100% of the Writer's Share, 100% of the Publisher's share, and 100% of the Master Recording. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023. TAXI # S230215ER

TAXI # S230215ER

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Americana Forward - Celebration! - Done Gone Down to Death

Post by melodea » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:24 am

Congrats Johnny! Great track, though IMO the music production needs some polish the vocals are really grabbing your attention! They are very special and I like the way they are mixed. Good lyrics as well.
I wish you good luck with the track and keep on doing what you're doing!!!
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:30 am

Cool report there, Johnny - big congrats on the forward: may that track maintain a successful trajectory.
CHEERS!
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:37 pm

melodea wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:24 am
Congrats Johnny! Great track, though IMO the music production needs some polish the vocals are really grabbing your attention! They are very special and I like the way they are mixed. Good lyrics as well.
I wish you good luck with the track and keep on doing what you're doing!!!
Thank you Melodea. :)

I have lots of needs and deficiencies regarding polish and production. :)

I wonder . . . would you ever wanna try a collab together? If so, I'd be willing to work together in whatever way you feel would be best. No pressure - just wondering if you have any interest. I, also, have a goal to do at least 10 collabs (with folks I've never collabed with) by the end of the year. :)

Regardless, I don't want to make you regret the kind deed of listening to my track and giving kind feedback. So, I'll close with a thank you for the feedback, support, and encouragement.

:)

Johnny

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:38 pm

funsongs wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:30 am
Cool report there, Johnny - big congrats on the forward: may that track maintain a successful trajectory.
CHEERS!
Cheers back at ya Funsongs and thanks for the well-wishes. No contact from a library yet - but I'm typing with 8 fingers right now, as 2 fingers are crossed.

Johnny

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:00 pm

JOHNNY!!!! My man, words can't describe how happy I am for you, and vicariously proud I am of this moment. You've worked long and hard for this, and your stuff gets better and better with every song. The vocals on this one..... wow.

There's plenty of character in this song. What it's lacking in spit polish is more than made up for in the character of the vocal, delivery, and lyrics. Seems like Americana can get a free pass around production more easily than other genres, so you just may be in luck!

Got 2 more fingers crossed over here, so you're up to four total now. Super happy to read this, my friend!!!!!!!

~~Matt

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:18 pm

Thank you so much Matt. That means so much coming from you!

archermusic84

Post by archermusic84 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:16 pm

Whatever happened with this?
The production is pretty basic, but I think it kind of works for the track and depending on the needs of the film/tv score decision-maker, might work really well for the right situation.
Johhny, what would you like to change about the production if you could?

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 pm

Sorry for ghosting you Archer. I've been completely away from the forums for a bit. :)

I don't know that I have a list of fixes or changes . . . but . . . melodea did comment on the production/mix. I have a high level of confidence that there are many folks on this board that hear things I don't and know better than I do. So, I'm basically open to changes. I am also totally open to collabs.

Again, sorry for delay on response - my absence was poorly timed.

I have not received a contact from the forward. Always exceptions, of course, but I'm doubting it's gonna get signed - at least yet. :)

Johnny R.

dtrainddog

Post by dtrainddog » Fri May 05, 2023 10:26 am

I, also, have a goal to do at least 10 collabs (with folks I've never collabed with) by the end of the year. :)

Very nice track. I sent you a PM about writing a song together.